Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Request Automatic delete of emails from Gmail server

Last response: in Windows XP
October 23, 2011 5:14:54 PM

Colleagues,

I receive and send all emails directly from my laptop via Outlook Express using XP3. The only reason I go to my Gmail server site is to regularly delete everything.

Is there any way in which, given I wish to save all of my Sent emails created on my computer Outlook express and save some of my Inbox emails downloaded to my laptop Outlook express, I may have all emails, sent or received and now on my Outlook Express laptop,
automatically deleted from the server; every folder- Trash, Spam included.

I wish the Sent emails from Outlook Express not to appear on the Gmail server site and the downloaded ones not to be anywhere on the Gmail server site- not even in Trash.

Thank you.

Zorba 71
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2011 10:30:24 PM

zorba71 said:
Colleagues,

I receive and send all emails directly from my laptop via Outlook Express using XP3. The only reason I go to my Gmail server site is to regularly delete everything.

Is there any way in which, given I wish to save all of my Sent emails created on my computer Outlook express and save some of my Inbox emails downloaded to my laptop Outlook express, I may have all emails, sent or received and now on my Outlook Express laptop,
automatically deleted from the server; every folder- Trash, Spam included.

I wish the Sent emails from Outlook Express not to appear on the Gmail server site and the downloaded ones not to be anywhere on the Gmail server site- not even in Trash.

Thank you.

Zorba 71

Internet traffic including emails are on the servers, regardless of what you delete. That is how they catch all the perps ! :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 
Score
November 5, 2011 10:45:31 AM

Makes no difference to me that the servers keep the emails in hidden mode forever, even after my routine deleting. Just wanted to have everything that is already downloaded to my computer to be automatically visually deleted from the server after, let us say, one week. As all emails are still kept by the servers, even if deleted, as when Deleted emails on our own computers are still really there, why would there not be a simple tool in which to automatically delete the visual part from the server by some sort of setting, not to mention, once downloaded on Outlook Express, I have no further need for its remaining on the server.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
November 5, 2011 12:15:29 PM

zorba71 said:
Makes no difference to me that the servers keep the emails in hidden mode forever, even after my routine deleting. Just wanted to have everything that is already downloaded to my computer to be automatically visually deleted from the server after, let us say, one week. As all emails are still kept by the servers, even if deleted, as when Deleted emails on our own computers are still really there, why would there not be a simple tool in which to automatically delete the visual part from the server by some sort of setting, not to mention, once downloaded on Outlook Express, I have no further need for its remaining on the server.

Look for it - I believe there is a setting.
November 5, 2011 4:56:44 PM

Best answer selected by zorba71.
Score
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
November 5, 2011 5:05:11 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!