Solved

Mixing ddr2 single sided and ddr2 double sided

hi..

is there any problem if i mix the single sided ram to double sided ram? but they are same in brand,voltage,timing,frequency... tnx
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mixing ddr2 single sided ddr2 double sided
  1. It shouldn't be a problem, but what RAM and how many modules?
  2. GhislainG said:
    It shouldn't be a problem, but what RAM and how many modules?

i have 1 kingston ddr2 512mb 533mhz single sided.. and i have 1 new kingston 1gig ddr2 533mhz double sided.. i didn't notice that the new one is double sided.. i have only two dimm sockets. is there any problem if i mix them?
  3. Best answer
    Add the new module. Nothing bad can happen.
  4. GhislainG said:
    Add the new module. Nothing bad can happen.

tnx alot.. very big help
  5. well if it doesnt mix (timings etc) it can cause corruptions - wouldnt call "nothing bad can happen" "best answer"

rams golden rules - most matched, and least ammount of sticks
  6. apache_lives said:
    well if it doesnt mix (timings etc) it can cause corruptions - wouldnt call "nothing bad can happen" "best answer"

rams golden rules - most matched, and least ammount of sticks
    The modules are identical, except for the number of chips on them and they run at 533 MHz; it isn't like if the OP was using modules with high voltage and aggressive timings. Given the info that was provided, nothing bad can happen.
  7. i have only two modules same brand, size, voltage, timing, but the difference is the chips. the 1'st one is double sided and the 2nd is single sided.
  8. If it works, don't worry about it. Bad things can happen when using overclocked memory that requires a lot of voltage, e.g., 2.3V instead of 1.8V, etc. I've never seen issues with DDR2-533. However DDR2-1066 often causes issues, particularly when using 4 modules.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DDR2 RAM