skunkboy72

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Hey all just looking for some outside input on a Micro ATX build I have been thinking about building for a while. Here's what I have in mind at the moment.

CPU: Intel i7 920

GPU: XFX Geforce GTX 260

MOBO: DFI Lanparty Jr X-58 , someone on a different board said that Asus has a new X-58 mATX board, but it's not on newegg yet. Anyone know when its coming out?

RAM: OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600

HD: Seagate 1.5TB and am super tempted to get a Raptor. Do both the 150GB and 300GB raptors have the same read/write benchmarks? They do according to newegg, but I don't know for sure.

PSU: Enermax Modular 525W Does anyone know of any more efficient Modular Power Supplies?

Case: Thermaltake

Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Titanium , might drop this in favor of going up to a GTX 285 or 4870X2. Depends on the onboard mobo sound quality.

Disk Drive: Samsung SH-S223F

Monitor: 1680*1050 with usb hub, I don't really know much about good monitors. Right now I have a Dell 22WS and it has worked pretty nicely.

Speakers: Logitech Z-2300 2.1

Anything else benign that I'm forgetting?

My total budget is $2000 for the entire system. I want this computer to play video games on high settings @ 1680*1050. It would be great if it could last me through the end of college(2013) with maybe 1 or 2 upgrades, like adding SLi or changing out CPU, RAM, etc. I live in the US and plan on making the computer this summer, before the end of august when I go back to school. I don't have a preference for websites, whichever gives the best price+shipping is good in my book. I also don't plan on overclocking, but cooling is still a concern because its a small case.

Thanks for the help!

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
What kind of CPU cooler will you use? Stock? For such a small case, i can't comment on SLI coz i don't know if it will fit x2 GTX260's.

skunkboy72

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I have no idea what kinda CPU cooler to get. If the stock one keeps temps cool enough in the case I would be satisfied. Other than that, I wouldn't know if an aftermarket cooler would be able to fit.

And I'm not hard set on SLI. Just a thought for upgrading in the future.

*Also rofl, it says I joined Tue Jan 01, 1970. I know I joined a while ago and this is my first posting. But something tells me I didn't join 19 years before my birth.