Group Policy

If you are attempting to saves changes for the group policy (as Admin) and
get an error message the the changes can't be saved to the database, what
can
be done?

XP Pro

Thanks,
Pat

javier

I think there is no solution, at least from Microsoft.

My local microsoft support directed me to Q303248 in
Knowledge Base. It says that Home Edition can not set
configurations for local users and groups, meaning,
setting policies to control those virtual and real users
that can loggon in my pc are not and never will be under
my control untill i upgrade from home edition to
professional.
Quote from Q303248
"In Windows XP Home Edition, the Computer Management snap-
in does not display the "Local Users and Groups" node.
The Local Users and Groups snap-in cannot be added to a
custom MMC. This is a limitation of Windows XP Home
Edition, not a result of Simple File Sharing."

Ctrl+R, type MMC, enter, Ctrl+M , click ADD, select Local
Users and Groups, click ADD, select Local Machine, click
OK to finish. If you are on Home Edition it will say that
you are not. It will not recognize your OS as Home
Edition.

That is not a limitation, is an ERROR.

If I try to modify enviroment variable OS, I got a reset
after reload system properties.
If i change all registry key that is same as what is set
in enviroment variables, I got them reset after
rebooting. That means there is a hiden program locking
some settings that I can not change. That is not a
limitation in windows xp home edition, I don't know how
to call it, but it makes me feel like if am not the owner
of my cperation system.

I am checking .NET Framework Configuration
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/

Please, if you find something that you think can help,
post here.

Good Luck

TRENDING THREADS