Last response: in Motherboards
November 8, 2009 2:41:25 PM

Actually I have the following setup for my pc:
1. mobo: gigabyte GAEX58UDR3
2. CPU: INTEL i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
3. graphic card: ASUS EAH4850
4. 4 Gb of ram
5. ZyXEL NWD31ON wifi card
I'm intensively using the internet connection and since I purchase this hardware the system it is really unstable, I get blue screen of the death always. I noticed that the BSOD is quite linked to the use of the internet connection. In fact if I’m using an p2p software and I’m using wifi connection I get BSOD after 1 hour, if I connect the computer with a cable I get BSOD less frequently. I have tried to change wifi card and also rams (the ones that I’m using are advised by gigabyte).
I have also tried different OS, means windows vista ultimate 32 bit and windows 7 64 bit.
Then I gave up and I’m looking for a replacement of the mobo, and I want an advice about what should be the most stable mobo for an intensive use of wifi connection.
For example I’m thinking about:
1. Asus P6T, Intel X58, LGA1366, SLI, CFX
2. Asus P6T Deluxe V2, Intel X58, LGA1366, SLI, CFX
3. AsRock X58 Extreme, Intel X58, LGA1366, SLI, CFX
4. AsRock X58 SuperComputer, Intel X58, LGA1366, SLI, CFX
If someone have some advice I’ll be really happy!

Thanks
November 8, 2009 5:58:03 PM

Keep in mind that the four alternative motherboards you're thinking of are so similar to your Gigabyte motherboard, that if indeed your current motherboard is causing the BSODs, you might end up having them too with the four boards you're proposing.

I think if you'd replace your mainboard with one of the four you mentioned and start up your current Windows installation, Windows won't even notice the difference and boot up properly, except for something petty like a different Firewire controller or something. ;) 

How much less frequent do you get BSODs when not using the WiFi card? Did you uninstall the WiFi card from your system when testing the wired network solution?

Did you test your RAM with a test tool like Memtest86+? You can download an ISO here and burn it to a rewritable CD, so you can make 100% sure there's no memory issue.
November 9, 2009 7:48:35 AM

First of all thanks for your answer.
Yes i have tested the memory nad even purchase new ones test by gigabyte for this mobo.
I have also tested the system with another wifi card getting BSOD anyway. When I have tested that wired network solution i have just disabled the wifi device, I don't know if it is the same.
Then now could be just the graphic card or the mobo.......and I would say that my feeling is that it is the mobo :cry:  !!!
Since some months that I'm looking for a solution but until now I was not able to figure out what exactly is the problem.

ciao
Related resources
November 9, 2009 11:38:24 AM

Your problem isn't a network problem causing BSOD's, It's a driver problem. or you turned something on in the bios like CIA2 in which you really shoud turn that off.
November 9, 2009 11:57:28 AM

I have tried every BIOS configuration, anyway I will check if CIA2 is activated and in case I will turn it off. I know that it is a driver problem but what driver? Video ?
And why sholud the pc crashs while it is just downloding or standby if the guilty driver is the video driver.......and can the driver problem goes over different OS?
!