Sims2: Disable expansion packs without uninstall?

I'm giving some thought to uploading some of my creations. I currently
have the basic game and University. One of the things I'd like to do is
be able to restrict myself from using any content installed with a
specified expansion pack (University, in this case, but Nightlife in the
forseeable future as well) so that an uploaded item will be guaranteed
usable by someone who does not have all - or indeed any - expansions (if
I decide to [try to] limit an upload in that way). Can this be done,
and if so, how?

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

    "Jeff Zeitlin" <jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote in message
    > I'm giving some thought to uploading some of my creations. I currently
    > have the basic game and University. One of the things I'd like to do is
    > be able to restrict myself from using any content installed with a
    > specified expansion pack (University, in this case, but Nightlife in the
    > forseeable future as well) so that an uploaded item will be guaranteed
    > usable by someone who does not have all - or indeed any - expansions (if
    > I decide to [try to] limit an upload in that way). Can this be done,
    > and if so, how?

    Have you tried just running the original Sims 2 .exe? You'd also have to
    change the save game files, too. But one of the weird things about Uni is
    that it seemingly doesn't alter the original games files, it just

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in

    > "Jeff Zeitlin" <jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm giving some thought to uploading some of my creations. I
    >> currently have the basic game and University. One of the things
    >> I'd like to do is be able to restrict myself from using any
    >> content installed with a specified expansion pack (University, in
    >> this case, but Nightlife in the forseeable future as well) so
    >> that an uploaded item will be guaranteed usable by someone who
    >> does not have all - or indeed any - expansions (if I decide to
    >> [try to] limit an upload in that way). Can this be done, and if
    >> so, how?
    >
    > Have you tried just running the original Sims 2 .exe? You'd also
    > have to change the save game files, too. But one of the weird
    > things about Uni is that it seemingly doesn't alter the original
    > games files, it just

    Slays you in the middle of making usenet replies?

    --
    Mike
    Help stamp out vandalism or I'll break all your windows.

    Yes, that's right it does have a separate icon for starting up the game and
    asks for the original play disk - there's a separate set of games files for
    the original game and the expansion. Haven't tried it though so I don't
    know what the effect will be.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

    > "Jeff Zeitlin" <jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm giving some thought to uploading some of my creations. I currently
    > > have the basic game and University. One of the things I'd like to do is
    > > be able to restrict myself from using any content installed with a
    > > specified expansion pack (University, in this case, but Nightlife in the
    > > forseeable future as well) so that an uploaded item will be guaranteed
    > > usable by someone who does not have all - or indeed any - expansions (if
    > > I decide to [try to] limit an upload in that way). Can this be done,
    > > and if so, how?
    >
    > Have you tried just running the original Sims 2 .exe? You'd also have to
    > change the save game files, too. But one of the weird things about Uni is
    > that it seemingly doesn't alter the original games files, it just

    ROFL

    "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in
    >

    > > "Jeff Zeitlin" <jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote in message
    > >> I'm giving some thought to uploading some of my creations. I
    > >> currently have the basic game and University. One of the things
    > >> I'd like to do is be able to restrict myself from using any
    > >> content installed with a specified expansion pack (University, in
    > >> this case, but Nightlife in the forseeable future as well) so
    > >> that an uploaded item will be guaranteed usable by someone who
    > >> does not have all - or indeed any - expansions (if I decide to
    > >> [try to] limit an upload in that way). Can this be done, and if
    > >> so, how?
    > >
    > > Have you tried just running the original Sims 2 .exe? You'd also
    > > have to change the save game files, too. But one of the weird
    > > things about Uni is that it seemingly doesn't alter the original
    > > games files, it just
    > >
    > Slays you in the middle of making usenet replies?
    >
    > --
    > Mike
    > Help stamp out vandalism or I'll break all your windows.

Sims Games Video Games