Sign in with
Your question

Want to Overclock with...

Last response: in Overclocking
March 28, 2011 7:36:20 PM

So I just got a brand new setup. Its a week old. The system specs are:

Motherboard : Asrock 890FX Deluxe 4 (bios version 1.50-Flashed)
CPU : AMD 1100t Phenom2 X6 (Cooler Master N520 Heatsink w/ dual fans)
Memory : 8GB GSKILL RipjawsX 1866(PC3 - 14900) 1.5v (currently only clocked to 1600mhz)
GPU : XFX HD 5830 1GB DDR5 256bit
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB

So basically my biggest question here is how I can get my memory clock up to its standard clock speed of 1866. What settings do I need to tweak in the bios, recommended timings/voltages?

My second question is what settings should I be tweaking for the cpu? I'd like to get it up around 3.7-3.8mhz ideally. There is an auto OC setting for this motherboard but it limits my memory to 1760mhz. (Not that I really need to over clock this thing. its fast enough by itself, and nothing I'm doing at the moment needs that much power.)

I know this is sort of a complicated process. I'm new to this whole thing since just getting this thing is the newest computer I've had in 8 years. Aside from that though I do know my way around flash updates and a few of the bios settings. But some of this new stuff is quite foreign, so to speak. Just looking for some pointers.

More about : overclock

a c 286 K Overclocking
March 28, 2011 9:02:42 PM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

You will need archive that speed manually in the BIOS, in other words, you need set the default settings of your RAM in the BIOS with manual voltage also.
m
l
!