Old System

I am getting a new computer soon which is a pretty decent system and I do not know what to do with my old one. The system is an old p4 Sony Vaio which brand new with monitor ran me almost 3k lol. I know I will never be able to sell it but it may still be viable and I would like to know what I might be able to do with it. Here is the link for the old Vaio with spec info and everything else. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about system
  1. dormere of the ashen verdict said:
    I am getting a new computer soon which is a pretty decent system and I do not know what to do with my old one. The system is an old p4 Sony Vaio which brand new with monitor ran me almost 3k lol. I know I will never be able to sell it but it may still be viable and I would like to know what I might be able to do with it. Here is the link for the old Vaio with spec info and everything else. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=VGCRA830G
  2. Keep it as a spare? Give it to someone who needs a computer? Turn it into a testbed system for Linux?
  3. +1 on the linux-box suggestion. Would make a great platform for learning about Linux, and any other alternative OS you are interested in.

Also, it would make a great system for a kid who needs a computer for school, and can't afford one. Nearly everyone has a relative in that condition.

Good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Computer Storage