Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Embarrassment and its problems

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 4:06:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I noticed something after I purchased University that hadn't been the
case prior to it. It's really quite silly, and it's becoming a
problem.

I have a house with two parents and a kid (there are actually more sims
in the house, but these sims are the only ones that matter right now).
The parents, as most ingame parents do, share a double bed. Now in
this household, there's a master bathroom attached to the bedroom that
can only be used by going through the master bedroom (where the double
bed is located). Well, since the other shower was being used one
morning, I sent the son into the master bathroom to take a shower
before he was to go to school. His parents were in bed together, and I
noticed that he stopped, did the embarrassment animation, went into the
shower, came back out and was once again embarrassed to see his married
parents sleeping together. (They weren't doing anything. They were
just sleeping.)

So now, this kid who had had relationships with his parents around
80/80, now has negative daily and lifetime relationships with both of
them, simply by seeing them in bed together.

It actually got worse. The kid's uncle had moved out of the house to
get married and start a family with a townie woman. I had the wedding
party, and decided to let them have the champagne bottle to celebrate
with their guests. Thus began an endless series of guests toasting the
newlyweds. After the toast, as is the custom, the newlyweds kiss one
another. What horrified me was seeing that at every kiss (and really,
toasting the newlyweds pretty much goes on nonstop once the champagne
is introduced) every member of the groom's family looked embarrassed,
and major relationship points were lost. So now every member of the
groom's family, blood relatives all, hate him because they saw him
kissing his new wife at his wedding party.

At this point, it's pretty intolerable. Has anyone had this problem,
and is there a solution somewhere? I saw jealousy hacks at MTS2, but
I'm not sure this is part of the jealousy code, or if embarrassment is
something completely different.

C

More about : embarrassment problems

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 11:17:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I haven't had this problem but I wish I had. Sounds hilarious, and
belly laughs are the main reason I play this game.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 11:52:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1114801575.968273.40440@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I noticed something after I purchased University that hadn't been the
> case prior to it. It's really quite silly, and it's becoming a
> problem.
>
>........... was once again embarrassed to see his married
> parents sleeping together. (They weren't doing anything. They were
> just sleeping.)
>
.......... all, hate him because they saw him
> kissing his new wife at his wedding party.
>
> At this point, it's pretty intolerable.

I agree, and have had the same sort of thing but not to the extent of
ruining a family relationship. Mainly over-affectionate parents making their
children cringe.
And the stupidity of a teenager acting all shocked when he caught sight of
his mother changing the baby's nappy. Horror! A bare bum!!!

Considering the bias towards multiple woo-hoos, and in public places, come
to that, your problem seems to show a touch of schizophrenia in the
programing department.

Has anyone had this problem,
> and is there a solution somewhere? I saw jealousy hacks at MTS2, but
> I'm not sure this is part of the jealousy code, or if embarrassment is
> something completely different.
>
Probably different. 8(
You have my sympathy at any rate.

Granny
Related resources
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 1:17:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Madame Mim wrote:
> There's a mod by Pescado at Variousimmers designed to make jealousy
more
> realistic. It mostly affects how Romance Sims react when they see
their
> amours in another Sims embrace, but it addresses this situation too.
Have a
> read and see if this meets your needs.
>
> http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...
>

That may fix it. We'll have to see.

I had forgotten that the uncle had had a romantic relationship with the
child's mother that I doubt the child knew about, and I know the kid's
dad didn't know about (otherwise the dad would have kicked his
brother's ass). But it's possible that since the child saw his mother
cheating on his uncle by being in bed with his father, that triggered
the embarrassment. Seeing his uncle kissing his new aunt would also
trigger embarrassment, because possibly he would view that as his uncle
cheating on his mom. That still doesn't explain why the kid's father
objected so strenuously to his brother kissing his new sister-in-law.
Perhaps the mechanism that determines embarrassment doesn't consider
whether the sims involved are actually aware of the romantic
relationship.

I've only seen this in the one family, and I didn't think that it might
be exclusive to that one family, since I'm not prone to having parents
engage in romance in front of their children that often. I've got some
other sims that don't have love triangles going on that I can use to
test whether it's specific to this one house, or if it's a general
thing. Again, we'll have to see.

I have seen embarrassment at the sight of one's relative in bed with
someone other than his spouse (Daniel cuddling with Miguel-the-maid is
why Angela hates him so), which makes a certain amount of sense, but
for the most part I've only seen embarrassment coming from seeing one
relative goose a spouse or a lover or somebody. This has been
completely different, but perhaps that's the explanation.

Certainly it requires a familial relationship to work, seeing as how my
University sims go to bed together all the time and their dormmates
frequently barge into the room and look at them sleeping together with
no ill-effects whatsoever. It's kind of creepy, really.

C
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 3:39:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

There's a mod by Pescado at Variousimmers designed to make jealousy more
realistic. It mostly affects how Romance Sims react when they see their
amours in another Sims embrace, but it addresses this situation too. Have a
read and see if this meets your needs.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM



"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1114801575.968273.40440@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I noticed something after I purchased University that hadn't been the
> case prior to it. It's really quite silly, and it's becoming a
> problem.
>
> I have a house with two parents and a kid (there are actually more sims
> in the house, but these sims are the only ones that matter right now).
> The parents, as most ingame parents do, share a double bed. Now in
> this household, there's a master bathroom attached to the bedroom that
> can only be used by going through the master bedroom (where the double
> bed is located). Well, since the other shower was being used one
> morning, I sent the son into the master bathroom to take a shower
> before he was to go to school. His parents were in bed together, and I
> noticed that he stopped, did the embarrassment animation, went into the
> shower, came back out and was once again embarrassed to see his married
> parents sleeping together. (They weren't doing anything. They were
> just sleeping.)
>
> So now, this kid who had had relationships with his parents around
> 80/80, now has negative daily and lifetime relationships with both of
> them, simply by seeing them in bed together.
>
> It actually got worse. The kid's uncle had moved out of the house to
> get married and start a family with a townie woman. I had the wedding
> party, and decided to let them have the champagne bottle to celebrate
> with their guests. Thus began an endless series of guests toasting the
> newlyweds. After the toast, as is the custom, the newlyweds kiss one
> another. What horrified me was seeing that at every kiss (and really,
> toasting the newlyweds pretty much goes on nonstop once the champagne
> is introduced) every member of the groom's family looked embarrassed,
> and major relationship points were lost. So now every member of the
> groom's family, blood relatives all, hate him because they saw him
> kissing his new wife at his wedding party.
>
> At this point, it's pretty intolerable. Has anyone had this problem,
> and is there a solution somewhere? I saw jealousy hacks at MTS2, but
> I'm not sure this is part of the jealousy code, or if embarrassment is
> something completely different.
>
> C
>
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:17:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:_Azce.33585$5F3.33550@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> There's a mod by Pescado at Variousimmers designed to make jealousy more
> realistic. It mostly affects how Romance Sims react when they see their
> amours in another Sims embrace, but it addresses this situation too. Have
> a
> read and see if this meets your needs.
>
> http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>
8( What's spazzing?

GG - glum
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:49:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news:_Azce.33585$5F3.33550@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>
>>There's a mod by Pescado at Variousimmers designed to make jealousy more
>>realistic. It mostly affects how Romance Sims react when they see their
>>amours in another Sims embrace, but it addresses this situation too. Have
>>a
>>read and see if this meets your needs.
>>
>>http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...
>>
>>--
>>Morituri Nolumus Mori
>>
>
> 8( What's spazzing?
>
> GG - glum
>
>

AIEEEEEEEEEEE!
(flings arms about, running around disorganized)
(hyperventilate)
ohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigod
ohmiGAAWWDD.
(run into a wall and fall on bum and pass out into blissful silence)

Like that.

Sometimes calmer.

-georg
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 6:35:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

It's a word derived from spastic. When I was little it was an insult we used
all to often, until my school 'special class' had an addition of three
spastic children, then we thought twice about using it on each other.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM



"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:y8Ace.22138$G8.20615@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news:_Azce.33585$5F3.33550@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > There's a mod by Pescado at Variousimmers designed to make jealousy more
> > realistic. It mostly affects how Romance Sims react when they see their
> > amours in another Sims embrace, but it addresses this situation too.
Have
> > a
> > read and see if this meets your needs.
> >
> > http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...
> >
> > --
> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
> >
> 8( What's spazzing?
>
> GG - glum
>
>
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 1:56:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:2CAce.11111$XF3.2659@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

>>>
>>
>> 8( What's spazzing?
>>
>
> AIEEEEEEEEEEE!
> (flings arms about, running around disorganized)
> (hyperventilate)
> ohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigod
> ohmiGAAWWDD.
> (run into a wall and fall on bum and pass out into blissful silence)
>
> Like that.

Sounds normal enough to me. 8)
>
> Sometimes calmer.
>
I see. Right. Okay.
Now you have me worried. This is seen as a 'Bad Thing', is it?
>
Don't bother to answer that. I dread to ask where the word comes from.
Corruption of spasm, or slightly worse?

GG.
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 1:56:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:%9Cce.33824$5F3.10391@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> It's a word derived from spastic. When I was little it was an insult we
> used
> all to often, until my school 'special class' had an addition of three
> spastic children, then we thought twice about using it on each other.
>
I suspected as much.
I have never heard it before.
I know the feeling though and have always enjoyed it to the full extent of
my overcharged nature.

What is the point of a good uproar if you can't go completely over the top?

GG
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 7:06:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Yes, that's generally when you see that reaction - are you sure the boy
child was the son of the father and not the result of the fling with the
uncle? Maybe that bit of the sims files has got mixed up. I'd have a look
with SimPE and see who the child thinks is his father.

Best wishes
Maxon



"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1114834624.130364.158730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
> I have seen embarrassment at the sight of one's relative in bed with
> someone other than his spouse (Daniel cuddling with Miguel-the-maid is
> why Angela hates him so), which makes a certain amount of sense, but
> for the most part I've only seen embarrassment coming from seeing one
> relative goose a spouse or a lover or somebody. This has been
> completely different, but perhaps that's the explanation.
>
> Certainly it requires a familial relationship to work, seeing as how my
> University sims go to bed together all the time and their dormmates
> frequently barge into the room and look at them sleeping together with
> no ill-effects whatsoever. It's kind of creepy, really.
>
> C
>
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 6:15:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Maxon wrote:
> Yes, that's generally when you see that reaction - are you sure the
boy
> child was the son of the father and not the result of the fling with
the
> uncle? Maybe that bit of the sims files has got mixed up. I'd have
a look
> with SimPE and see who the child thinks is his father.

The uncle never woohooed with the kid's mom, so no, that can't be it.
I think it's just an extended family thing. The only thing that's
screwed up with it is that no one ever witnessed any of the shenanigans
going on between the uncle and the Mom, so none of them should know
that the uncle is cheating when he's kissing his wife.

And even if for some reason the child thinks his uncle is his father,
that doesn't explain why the kid's real father had similar bouts of
embarrassment when confronted by matrimonial kissing.

C
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:30:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Charles Whitney wrote:

> And even if for some reason the child thinks his uncle is his father,
> that doesn't explain why the kid's real father had similar bouts of
> embarrassment when confronted by matrimonial kissing.

Nanny lives with her brother George. He's *always* embarrassed about his
sister's activities with the maid. He was embarrassed whenever he spots
her carrying on with him, before and after she married Remmington. He
did walk in on them having woohoo, and he couldn't talk to either of
them for days. Of course, he thinks babies come from telescopes, but
that doesn't prevent his embarrassment. He just blushes at his sister's
goings on, even as he loves all the kids running around. That's just
sibling stuff. Heck, I don't want to know what's going on in my
siblings' bedrooms any more. I'd be embarassed too.

-georg
Related resources
!