XFX ATI 4770 Graphics/Video Card

Larry141

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
I have written two emails to XFX Force trying to find out when the new XFX HD477AYDFC, and the XFX HD477AYDLC will be on the market, and where they can be purchased. They have not answered my emails. Does anyone have any information on these two cards?

You know they say there is a shortage of 40nm chips, and there may be. I find it a bit of a happy coincidence that there are still plenty of 4850's out there with price drops to match the 4770 more or less.
Now i could be forgiven for thinking maybe there isnt a shortage and they are being held back to shift the old stock of 4850's.

Mactronix

Larry141

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
There are 4770's out there. None are the XFX HD477AYDFC, which is the one I want, of course. The only one I have seen available is the HD477AYDLC, and it is only available from one manufacturer that I have found. Other manufacturers keep saying they will have the YDLC available soon, but when the date comes around they change it again. So, who knows. In the mean time Newegg has some good deals going on with 4830's and 50's. Both good enough for now, and will work fine in another build until the 4770 I want comes out. Thanks for your input Mactronix. Maybe someone else here has some info. Later on, Larry141

Spotted this earlier which lends credence to boudy, then again it could just be BS.

Larry141

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
duh on my part....heh, heh. Thanks, I know what crossfire is, just didn't think about the acronym for it. What a drag, people have two and I can't find one, well, at least the one I want. I will be patient and wait...in the mean time, I got a good deal on a 4830, which can go into my other puter when XFX comes out with their version of the 4770.

Larry141

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Thanks guys, I will, love building these things! I am an amatuer but the puter I have now I built in 2001, and it's still functioning, just to expensive to upgrade it (RDRAM), and there is some awesome new stuff out there. You all take care, later on.