XP boot-up

s1ckz

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
Hey there guys, I'd like to ask for some support. Everytime I load my win XP I am getting this weird error. "clean has sto working or encountered the problem" or something like that. It appears on my screen every time when I load my windows and really annoying =(
here is the screenshot
6HrSZ.png

thank you

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Go from Start to Run and into the open box, type msconfig then hit Enter. Click the StartUp tab and untick anything that looks like it may be related to the word Clean. If necessary, untick everything except your anti-virus and firewall. Click Apply and then click the Services tab. Tick to "Hide all Microsoft" and scroll through what remains, looking for anything suspicious. Untickas ned=cessary, click Apply and OK your way out.

Let the system restart and when it has, tick "Don't show this message again" and press Enter. Scan for malware - something crept in and until you know what it is it may still pose a risk. MalwareBytes from http://www.malwarebytes.com is a valuable tool in these circumstances - best run in Safe Mode.

It may say something like Registry Clean in the StartUp list. Use Control Shift and Escape to see what Applications and Processes are running and eliminate the possibilities one by one by clicking to End Process on anything you don't recognise.

s1ckz

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
Yeah I remember installing some PC cleaning program, but I cannot find anything under add remove programs. =(
@saga lout thats what I do everytime, buts its annoying to go through app & processes everytime I load my windows.

If the file just gets deleted, there will be another error message about a missing file. Need to find that program and uninstall it or remove the startup listing from the registry or Startup program group.

TRENDING THREADS