Sign in with
Your question

Which power exstension cord(s)?

Last response: in Components
August 24, 2009 6:56:23 PM

So i plan on having some sick ass cable managment, but what exstension cords am i gonna need?

(BTW heres what i would *want* my cable management to look like) Link

So far i guess i need a 24 pin power exstension and an 8 pin, which ones should i get? Because i saw there were a couple of brands selling exstension cords.

More about : power exstension cord

August 26, 2009 5:23:17 AM

can I talk you out of it? what a major PITA for any sort of troubleshooting. You'd need to redo half your work every time you change configs! Hiding wiring: lots of work for little gain. Who you gonna show this off to? Computer friends? Girls? (please don't).
August 26, 2009 5:38:14 AM

nope, no need to show off, just wanna lower my overall temperature by 5 degrees...
Related resources
August 26, 2009 5:41:33 AM

Honestly, with reasonably clean wiring, you shouldn't have problems with temps. Obviously, you don't want a massive tangle of wires, but you don't need flawless cable management in order to get good temps.
a c 144 ) Power supply
August 26, 2009 5:48:12 AM

joefriday said:
can I talk you out of it? what a major PITA for any sort of troubleshooting. You'd need to redo half your work every time you change configs!

Not entirely true. If it's done right, all you need to do is disconnect what you need to troubleshoot. And you would need to that anyway. And how often do you need to change configurations? Upgrading memory and CPU - no change. Adding a CrossFire or SLI'd video card? The extra power cables are right there either way. And SATA drives are much easier to work with than IDE.

And more importantly, tucking the cables down out of the way improves air flow.

My Antec 900 case mods
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-264112_10_0.ht...
August 26, 2009 7:52:15 AM

not to mention sleeving, all to make your comp look smexy....

PLUS, if your running a rig, (antec 1200, 900) that has LED's, and your adding cold cathodes and all to make it purrty, you need some cable managment or it'll just ruin the beauty of it.
@jsc nice cable managment for the 900, ever think of painting interior black?
!