Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Transfer programs from DVR to EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

Last response: in Storage
January 18, 2011 8:36:28 PM

amtnsnowlady said:
I have DirecTV with DVR and would like to use external hard drive to increase storage capacity. How do I do this?

Last time I checked on this you could not. What I think I remember is that you can use a larger drive but then what you had on the internal drive would be unusable. I have not looked into this in a while so I would keep googleing it, I will look back into this again. If I find anything out I will let you know because our internal hardrive is often full and degrades performance of the box.
Score
Related resources
a b G Storage
January 19, 2011 12:26:05 PM

You can connect an external eSATA drive, but you will lose access to what's stored on the internal hard drive. You can't transfer things between the hard drives. It's an "either or" scenario.
Score
January 17, 2012 1:11:47 AM

DirecTV's website tells you how you can increase your dvr storage right on their page. You must have an ESATA hard drive. Just plug it in to the USB port on the back of your DVR. Then cycle power and when it reboots it will now be using the new hard drive you added. Its that simple. BUT YOU WILL NOT BE USING YOU BUILT IN HARD DRIVE, SO YOU WONT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PRERECORDED SHOWS.
GOOD LUCK
Score
!