Overdrive won't allow higher multipliers!

g33j

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
Hello everyone,
I have a Phenom 2 720 Black with a Gigabyte S2 series motherboard (780) running Windows 7 ultimate. I can change the multiplier in BIOS, but not in AMD Overdrive. The BIOS has stock settings except cool and quiet is disabled. Any suggestions?

Solution
AMD Overdrive is having problems communicating with your BIOS.It's a very common bug with AMD Overdrive.You can download a previous versoin of AMD Overdrive and find one that will work for your mobo.Although it is always easier using the BIOS.
AMD Overdrive is having problems communicating with your BIOS.It's a very common bug with AMD Overdrive.You can download a previous versoin of AMD Overdrive and find one that will work for your mobo.Although it is always easier using the BIOS.

Solution
Disabling Cool & Quiet should unlock the CPU multiplier. Don't know what is up with that.

And count me in as a fan of AMD OverDrive --- "" It is what it is ""

It will not exceed all 'enthusiast' demands but has become a great utility for playing around.

edit: Try to 'click' on the green light in OverDrive so that it has a red ring around it -- also check your power options in the Windows Control Panel