Newly built computer does not boot....fans work, and lights....

leaping-lemur

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Hello,

I have a newly built computer with an Intel Extreme QX 9650 CPU, Invidia Quadro FX 1700 Video card, AsRock P45R2000-WiFi Mobo, OCZ 600 watt PSU,2 X 2GB Ballistix DDR2 800 RAM(Very low latency).....

NO error messages from speaker....all fans work ok.....computer does not go to BIOS and monitor does not seem to receive signal. HAve re-chacked all wire hook-ups etc.

Could it be incapatible RAM??? or CPU???

Please help,

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
Why a QX9650? I hope you didn't buy it new...

Anyways, it could be several different things. The culprits are most likely: 1. Motherboard 2. Ram 3. PSU. You said there are no error codes from the speaker...that is a case speaker right? I ask because a regular computer speaker system will not play error codes from the motherboard.

If you have the case speaker hooked up, then I would say its your motherboard most likely, since your PSU is supplying some power to the system. Otherwise you would be getting error codes.

^True that.

1. Do you have the 4pin CPU plugged in?

2. The board isn't well known. And generally boards that support DDR2 + DDR3 have issues. Also, I don't trust AsRock quality.

3. The Crucial Balistix are known to have issues (memtest86+ failures,etc) also. Used to be good RAM a few years a go, but now their quality is a problem.

=========
@OP: What's this PC used for?

leaping-lemur

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

Case speaker is hooked up....

1.) 8 pin and it is plugged in...
PC is used for rendering and editing video

leaping-lemur

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

When I take out the RAM there is 2 beeps from the speaker....are you sure the board is dead....it was bought brand new....

leaping-lemur

Distinguished
May 21, 2009

No second PSU....everything seems to have power...what do you mean by "issues"??? compatibility?

leaping-lemur

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
OK so it has been solved.....After trying alot of your suggestions I found an old friend that works at a computer shop....one of the technicians took a quick look at it....

He tried 1066 RAM instead of the 800 RAM that was installed.... Everything worked...

Even though it says DDR2 800 RAM was compatible it actually was not with this configuration...

Thank you for all that helped..... now I just need to find someone to buy the 4gb of Crucial Ballistix (4-4-4-12) DDR2 800 RAM, so I can get some Mushkin low-latency 1066 RAM from the store who helped me.....

Thank you all again.....!!!