System Turning Off Problem

Duque

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
So I just built this computer with i7 920, asus p6t deluxe v2, and sli 285s running windows 7. This is the second time that the computer seems to shut down by itself. The screen goes black and my monitor begins to cycle through modes again, but the computer fans stay on. Other than that, I get no response from mouse or keyboard and have to manually turn off and back on. This is my first build, so I have no idea what the problem is. Is this a Windows 7 issue or something else? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Duque

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
built last week. 2 wd t tb drives, samsung t240 monitor, cosmos 1000 case, sli 285s, 6 gb ocz plats, i7 920 w/ noctua cpu cooler, and asus p6t deluxe v2. Im not sure what to call it because it doesnt fully shut off. It is totally unprovoked. Happened once in a game, and once not. The monitor goes black and then recyclyes like its looking for a signal but none comes. The cases stays on (lights, fans, etc), but its impossible to access the computer via mouse or keyboard. I have to manually turn off.