Multiple roaming profiles, one lot of settings

June 17, 2004 7:51:16 AM

Hi,

I have a laptop which I need to use in multiple locations
and log on to multiple networks. This means I have
multiple profiles, all with things like documents and
favourites in different folders. I would like to know if
there is a way of having all of these in one place - eg
all of the different profiles using the same My Documents
folder, settings etc

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Richard
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 2:59:44 PM

You can edit HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
or
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserShellFol
ders. Do not forget to set the appropriate permissions on the profile
chosen.
!