Yep, I'm losing it :-)

Tonight I dreamt, for the third time in a couple of months, that I was
out somewhere, and spotted Nightlife on a shelf in some store... LOL,
then I caught myself thinking.. "But it's april... oh... I'm
dreaming..." LOL.. but the dream continued. Bizarre. But then again, I
have newly diagnosed untreated extreme sleep apnea, so that's probably
why I'm always semi-conscious when I dream ;-) Explains a lot of
disturbing dreams I've had actually... LOL

Ick, sorry to hear about your apnea. Do you have to use
a c-pap machine? My best friend had one of those for
a while--she called it Julio <g>

Laura

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> Tonight I dreamt, for the third time in a couple of months, that I was
> out somewhere, and spotted Nightlife on a shelf in some store... LOL,
> then I caught myself thinking.. "But it's april... oh... I'm
> dreaming..." LOL.. but the dream continued. Bizarre. But then again, I
> have newly diagnosed untreated extreme sleep apnea, so that's probably
> why I'm always semi-conscious when I dream ;-) Explains a lot of
> disturbing dreams I've had actually... LOL

Ah a fellow hose head. Welcome to the club
piper at 14cm
"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:a3t771pc83p96m69oipvgo9kvln6g42f2r@4ax.com...
> Tonight I dreamt, for the third time in a couple of months, that I was
> out somewhere, and spotted Nightlife on a shelf in some store... LOL,
> then I caught myself thinking.. "But it's april... oh... I'm
> dreaming..." LOL.. but the dream continued. Bizarre. But then again, I
> have newly diagnosed untreated extreme sleep apnea, so that's probably
> why I'm always semi-conscious when I dream ;-) Explains a lot of
> disturbing dreams I've had actually... LOL

On Sun, 01 May 2005 02:14:49 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ick, sorry to hear about your apnea. Do you have to use
>a c-pap machine? My best friend had one of those for
>a while--she called it Julio <g>

LOL! Well I haven't named mine yet, nor gotten it... I'm due for
fitting and testing May 12th. As it is right now I sleep about 12
hours a day, wake up cold, sweaty, with a pounding headache, nauseous,
with no energy... well, the list goes on *lol*. It's a real bitch :-\
And to boot I had the most severe case in their recorded history... oy
vey. I was at a neuropsychè clinic just the other day for tests and
stuff. Turns out that despite my considerable handicap, and not having
had any deep sleep in about 10 years, I'm an IQ certifiable genius,
albeit somewhat exhausted on a permanent basis LOL

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> On Sun, 01 May 2005 02:14:49 GMT, Laura Castellano
> <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Ick, sorry to hear about your apnea. Do you have to use
>>a c-pap machine? My best friend had one of those for
>>a while--she called it Julio <g>
>

> LOL! Well I haven't named mine yet, nor gotten it... I'm due for
> fitting and testing May 12th. As it is right now I sleep about 12
> hours a day, wake up cold, sweaty, with a pounding headache, nauseous,
> with no energy... well, the list goes on *lol*. It's a real bitch :-\
> And to boot I had the most severe case in their recorded history... oy
> vey. I was at a neuropsychè clinic just the other day for tests and
> stuff. Turns out that despite my considerable handicap, and not having
> had any deep sleep in about 10 years, I'm an IQ certifiable genius,
> albeit somewhat exhausted on a permanent basis LOL

May you never have a moment of claustrophobia.

That tends to be the biggest complaint. Next to, "What happens if I
bring home a significant other?"

There ought to be a connection/date finder for folks with CPAP, so they
*understand* each other.

-georg

On Sun, 01 May 2005 05:37:05 GMT, "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Ah a fellow hose head. Welcome to the club
>piper at 14cm

Haven't gotten mine yet. 14cm? The length of the tube? LOL

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> On Sun, 01 May 2005 05:37:05 GMT, "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Ah a fellow hose head. Welcome to the club
>>piper at 14cm
>

> Haven't gotten mine yet. 14cm? The length of the tube? LOL

Air pressure is my guess.

-georg

Ah sorry, no that is my pressure setting.
If you have any questions i'm here.
in message news:jrfa71hdfl73ci6op3ja3hm8tvb2ltjp7a@4ax.com...

On Sun, 01 May 2005 22:38:25 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>That tends to be the biggest complaint. Next to, "What happens if I
>bring home a significant other?"
>
>There ought to be a connection/date finder for folks with CPAP, so they
>*understand* each other.

Good point. Anyone can suffer from sleep apnea, even children. I'm a
24 year old guy myself and I must admit I'd be pretty embarassed. I
told my girlfriend and she said was more than sympathetic to the
effect of "Oh, poor baby... but at least now you'll get a good night's
sleep!" I think she's a keeper ;-)

On Mon, 02 May 2005 03:34:55 GMT, "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Ah sorry, no that is my pressure setting.
>If you have any questions i'm here.

Ah, I see. How many breathing stops do you guys have? I had 115 per
hour... and I average about 12 hours of sleep per night :-( So
basically that means I'm not breathing for an absolute minimum of
12*115*10/60=230 minutes a night..... my oxygen levels were extremely
low, to the point of being lifethreatening. I haven't achieved deep
sleep since childhood... no wonder I've been having lots of weird
symptoms. I've had nearly all of them associated with the illness,
making it extremely hard to live an ordinary life. Did yours change
much?

Sounds like it!

in message news:5nbb711iildfrrisa9np7viskgs4p0ea5i@4ax.com...
> Good point. Anyone can suffer from sleep apnea, even children. I'm a
> 24 year old guy myself and I must admit I'd be pretty embarassed. I
> told my girlfriend and she said was more than sympathetic to the
> effect of "Oh, poor baby... but at least now you'll get a good night's
> sleep!" I think she's a keeper ;-)

I stop breathing every 2 mins. My oxygen was only 74%, and they wont let you
leave a hosp. til its at least 92.The only thing that has changed is I don't
wake up with a headache anymore.I don't jump out of the bed feeling
wonderful and refreshed.There is also talk of me having narcolepsey (sp?).

My husband doesn't even notice the mask anymore and it doesn't get in the
way of the normal cuddling we do to go to sleep.
piper
"

PIPER wrote:

> I stop breathing every 2 mins. My oxygen was only 74%, and they wont let you
> leave a hosp. til its at least 92.The only thing that has changed is I don't
> wake up with a headache anymore.I don't jump out of the bed feeling
> wonderful and refreshed.There is also talk of me having narcolepsey (sp?).
>
> My husband doesn't even notice the mask anymore and it doesn't get in the
> way of the normal cuddling we do to go to sleep.
> piper
> "

Narcolepsy. The ability to fall asleep anywhere, any time, and no
control over when you will fall asleep. Very dangerous while driving.

I had a boyfriend who was a narcoleptic. He was not permitted to drive
anywhere alone, or he'd fall asleep at the wheel.

Personally, I'm not on the CPAP. But I know folks who are. My
sympathies. The important thing is continued breathing. It's a very good
thing.

-georg

Betty

Tonight I dreamt, for the third time in a couple of months, that I was
out somewhere, and spotted Nightlife on a shelf in some store... LOL,
then I caught myself thinking.. "But it's april... oh... I'm
dreaming..." LOL.. but the dream continued. Bizarre. But then again, I
have newly diagnosed untreated extreme sleep apnea, so that's probably
why I'm always semi-conscious when I dream ;-) Explains a lot of
disturbing dreams I've had actually... LOL

Just wondering since you didn't mention snoring with this apnea. Does
snoring go along with it?
LOL I don't mean to laugh, if I am, it's towards me and not you. Me
mentioning snoring caused me
to laugh. But, seriously, do you snore loudly? I've always heard that
goes along with that sleep apnea.

Betty

Actually there are different types of narco.I dont fall asleep while
driving, reading, or watching tv.
"

I don't snore but my husband snores like a train and he was tested and came
out borderline.

On Mon, 2 May 2005 21:46:13 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
wrote:

>Just wondering since you didn't mention snoring with this apnea. Does
>snoring go along with it?
>LOL I don't mean to laugh, if I am, it's towards me and not you. Me
>mentioning snoring caused me
>to laugh. But, seriously, do you snore loudly? I've always heard that
>goes along with that sleep apnea.

LOL, well, the same thing that causes snoring contributes to apnea. Or
was it vice versa? Anywho, I do snore, but it depends a lot on my
sleeping position. On my back I sound like a freight train, but on my
side, I don't snore, and my apnea lessens, and I sleep much better.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> LOL, well, the same thing that causes snoring contributes to
> apnea. Or
> was it vice versa?

There are two main types of apnea. The most common one is
associated with overweight, which is associated with snoring. The
other, very rare, one is actually a slight neurological disorder
in the breathing center of the brain. If I remember correctly.

T.

On Mon, 02 May 2005 17:43:23 GMT, "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>I stop breathing every 2 mins. My oxygen was only 74%, and they wont let you
>leave a hosp. til its at least 92.The only thing that has changed is I don't
>wake up with a headache anymore.I don't jump out of the bed feeling
>wonderful and refreshed.There is also talk of me having narcolepsey (sp?).

Really? *lol* My oxygenlevel is about 80%, my biggest problem is I
never go into deep sleep because of my many relatively small, but
constant stops. I stop breathing every 15-20 seconds. Wake up without
being conscious, and stay in that shallow sort of comatosed state.

>My husband doesn't even notice the mask anymore and it doesn't get in the
>way of the normal cuddling we do to go to sleep.

I'm getting fitted on thursday and friday, have to sleep over at the
hospital. Am kinda nervous, but oh well... I'd do anything at this
point to get better. It's been almost unbearable for years now.

On Wed, 4 May 2005 23:10:56 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>There are two main types of apnea. The most common one is
>associated with overweight, which is associated with snoring. The
>other, very rare, one is actually a slight neurological disorder
>in the breathing center of the brain. If I remember correctly.

You're right, but a person needn't be either overweight or snore, to
have the first kind, although that is most common as you say. A lot of
things can obstruct the trachea... I'm lucky enough to have nearly all
of them! Narrowing due to overweight, huge tonsils from a serious
bacterial infection (I'm talking golfballs here), and I have an
inability to breath through my nose because I crushed and bent it when
I was a year old.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> On Wed, 4 May 2005 23:10:56 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl>
> wrote:
>> There are two main types of apnea. The most common one is
>> associated with overweight, which is associated with snoring.
>> The
>> other, very rare, one is actually a slight neurological
>> disorder
>> in the breathing center of the brain. If I remember correctly.
> You're right, but a person needn't be either overweight or
> snore, to
> have the first kind, although that is most common as you say.

I thought so, but wasn't sure.

> A lot of things can obstruct the trachea... I'm lucky enough to
> have nearly all
> of them! Narrowing due to overweight, huge tonsils from a
> serious
> bacterial infection (I'm talking golfballs here), and I have an
> inability to breath through my nose because I crushed and bent
> it when
> I was a year old.

Really! Well, I can imagine you're desperate. I can relate a
bit... although I breath easily I take medicine which causes me
to be tired. Always. Today is my day off - won't be long before
I'm in deep slumber again :)

T.

TRENDING THREADS