Yep, I'm losing it :-)

Tonight I dreamt, for the third time in a couple of months, that I was
out somewhere, and spotted Nightlife on a shelf in some store... LOL,
then I caught myself thinking.. "But it's april... oh... I'm
dreaming..." LOL.. but the dream continued. Bizarre. But then again, I
have newly diagnosed untreated extreme sleep apnea, so that's probably
why I'm always semi-conscious when I dream ;-) Explains a lot of
disturbing dreams I've had actually... LOL
20 answers Last reply
More about losing

    Ick, sorry to hear about your apnea. Do you have to use
    a c-pap machine? My best friend had one of those for
    a while--she called it Julio <g>

    Laura

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > Tonight I dreamt, for the third time in a couple of months, that I was
    > out somewhere, and spotted Nightlife on a shelf in some store... LOL,
    > then I caught myself thinking.. "But it's april... oh... I'm
    > dreaming..." LOL.. but the dream continued. Bizarre. But then again, I
    > have newly diagnosed untreated extreme sleep apnea, so that's probably
    > why I'm always semi-conscious when I dream ;-) Explains a lot of
    > disturbing dreams I've had actually... LOL

    Ah a fellow hose head. Welcome to the club
    piper at 14cm
    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:a3t771pc83p96m69oipvgo9kvln6g42f2r@4ax.com...
    > Tonight I dreamt, for the third time in a couple of months, that I was
    > out somewhere, and spotted Nightlife on a shelf in some store... LOL,
    > then I caught myself thinking.. "But it's april... oh... I'm
    > dreaming..." LOL.. but the dream continued. Bizarre. But then again, I
    > have newly diagnosed untreated extreme sleep apnea, so that's probably
    > why I'm always semi-conscious when I dream ;-) Explains a lot of
    > disturbing dreams I've had actually... LOL

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 02:14:49 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Ick, sorry to hear about your apnea. Do you have to use
    >a c-pap machine? My best friend had one of those for
    >a while--she called it Julio <g>

    LOL! Well I haven't named mine yet, nor gotten it... I'm due for
    fitting and testing May 12th. As it is right now I sleep about 12
    hours a day, wake up cold, sweaty, with a pounding headache, nauseous,
    with no energy... well, the list goes on *lol*. It's a real bitch :-\
    And to boot I had the most severe case in their recorded history... oy
    vey. I was at a neuropsychè clinic just the other day for tests and
    stuff. Turns out that despite my considerable handicap, and not having
    had any deep sleep in about 10 years, I'm an IQ certifiable genius,
    albeit somewhat exhausted on a permanent basis LOL

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 May 2005 02:14:49 GMT, Laura Castellano
    > <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Ick, sorry to hear about your apnea. Do you have to use
    >>a c-pap machine? My best friend had one of those for
    >>a while--she called it Julio <g>
    >

    > LOL! Well I haven't named mine yet, nor gotten it... I'm due for
    > fitting and testing May 12th. As it is right now I sleep about 12
    > hours a day, wake up cold, sweaty, with a pounding headache, nauseous,
    > with no energy... well, the list goes on *lol*. It's a real bitch :-\
    > And to boot I had the most severe case in their recorded history... oy
    > vey. I was at a neuropsychè clinic just the other day for tests and
    > stuff. Turns out that despite my considerable handicap, and not having
    > had any deep sleep in about 10 years, I'm an IQ certifiable genius,
    > albeit somewhat exhausted on a permanent basis LOL

    May you never have a moment of claustrophobia.

    That tends to be the biggest complaint. Next to, "What happens if I
    bring home a significant other?"

    There ought to be a connection/date finder for folks with CPAP, so they
    *understand* each other.

    -georg

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 05:37:05 GMT, "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >Ah a fellow hose head. Welcome to the club
    >piper at 14cm

    Haven't gotten mine yet. 14cm? The length of the tube? LOL

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 May 2005 05:37:05 GMT, "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Ah a fellow hose head. Welcome to the club
    >>piper at 14cm
    >

    > Haven't gotten mine yet. 14cm? The length of the tube? LOL

    Air pressure is my guess.

    -georg

    Ah sorry, no that is my pressure setting.
    If you have any questions i'm here.
    in message news:jrfa71hdfl73ci6op3ja3hm8tvb2ltjp7a@4ax.com...

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 22:38:25 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

    >That tends to be the biggest complaint. Next to, "What happens if I
    >bring home a significant other?"
    >
    >There ought to be a connection/date finder for folks with CPAP, so they
    >*understand* each other.

    Good point. Anyone can suffer from sleep apnea, even children. I'm a
    24 year old guy myself and I must admit I'd be pretty embarassed. I
    told my girlfriend and she said was more than sympathetic to the
    effect of "Oh, poor baby... but at least now you'll get a good night's
    sleep!" I think she's a keeper ;-)

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 03:34:55 GMT, "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >Ah sorry, no that is my pressure setting.
    >If you have any questions i'm here.

    Ah, I see. How many breathing stops do you guys have? I had 115 per
    hour... and I average about 12 hours of sleep per night :-( So
    basically that means I'm not breathing for an absolute minimum of
    12*115*10/60=230 minutes a night..... my oxygen levels were extremely
    low, to the point of being lifethreatening. I haven't achieved deep
    sleep since childhood... no wonder I've been having lots of weird
    symptoms. I've had nearly all of them associated with the illness,
    making it extremely hard to live an ordinary life. Did yours change
    much?

    Sounds like it!

    in message news:5nbb711iildfrrisa9np7viskgs4p0ea5i@4ax.com...
    > Good point. Anyone can suffer from sleep apnea, even children. I'm a
    > 24 year old guy myself and I must admit I'd be pretty embarassed. I
    > told my girlfriend and she said was more than sympathetic to the
    > effect of "Oh, poor baby... but at least now you'll get a good night's
    > sleep!" I think she's a keeper ;-)

    I stop breathing every 2 mins. My oxygen was only 74%, and they wont let you
    leave a hosp. til its at least 92.The only thing that has changed is I don't
    wake up with a headache anymore.I don't jump out of the bed feeling
    wonderful and refreshed.There is also talk of me having narcolepsey (sp?).

    My husband doesn't even notice the mask anymore and it doesn't get in the
    way of the normal cuddling we do to go to sleep.
    piper
    "

    PIPER wrote:

    > I stop breathing every 2 mins. My oxygen was only 74%, and they wont let you
    > leave a hosp. til its at least 92.The only thing that has changed is I don't
    > wake up with a headache anymore.I don't jump out of the bed feeling
    > wonderful and refreshed.There is also talk of me having narcolepsey (sp?).
    >
    > My husband doesn't even notice the mask anymore and it doesn't get in the
    > way of the normal cuddling we do to go to sleep.
    > piper
    > "

    Narcolepsy. The ability to fall asleep anywhere, any time, and no
    control over when you will fall asleep. Very dangerous while driving.

    I had a boyfriend who was a narcoleptic. He was not permitted to drive
    anywhere alone, or he'd fall asleep at the wheel.

    Personally, I'm not on the CPAP. But I know folks who are. My
    sympathies. The important thing is continued breathing. It's a very good
    thing.

    -georg

    Tonight I dreamt, for the third time in a couple of months, that I was
    out somewhere, and spotted Nightlife on a shelf in some store... LOL,
    then I caught myself thinking.. "But it's april... oh... I'm
    dreaming..." LOL.. but the dream continued. Bizarre. But then again, I
    have newly diagnosed untreated extreme sleep apnea, so that's probably
    why I'm always semi-conscious when I dream ;-) Explains a lot of
    disturbing dreams I've had actually... LOL

    Just wondering since you didn't mention snoring with this apnea. Does
    snoring go along with it?
    LOL I don't mean to laugh, if I am, it's towards me and not you. Me
    mentioning snoring caused me
    to laugh. But, seriously, do you snore loudly? I've always heard that
    goes along with that sleep apnea.

    Betty

    Actually there are different types of narco.I dont fall asleep while
    driving, reading, or watching tv.
    "

    I don't snore but my husband snores like a train and he was tested and came
    out borderline.

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 21:46:13 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
    wrote:

    >Just wondering since you didn't mention snoring with this apnea. Does
    >snoring go along with it?
    >LOL I don't mean to laugh, if I am, it's towards me and not you. Me
    >mentioning snoring caused me
    >to laugh. But, seriously, do you snore loudly? I've always heard that
    >goes along with that sleep apnea.

    LOL, well, the same thing that causes snoring contributes to apnea. Or
    was it vice versa? Anywho, I do snore, but it depends a lot on my
    sleeping position. On my back I sound like a freight train, but on my
    side, I don't snore, and my apnea lessens, and I sleep much better.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > LOL, well, the same thing that causes snoring contributes to
    > apnea. Or
    > was it vice versa?

    There are two main types of apnea. The most common one is
    associated with overweight, which is associated with snoring. The
    other, very rare, one is actually a slight neurological disorder
    in the breathing center of the brain. If I remember correctly.

    T.

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 17:43:23 GMT, "PIPER" <lewis@mindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >I stop breathing every 2 mins. My oxygen was only 74%, and they wont let you
    >leave a hosp. til its at least 92.The only thing that has changed is I don't
    >wake up with a headache anymore.I don't jump out of the bed feeling
    >wonderful and refreshed.There is also talk of me having narcolepsey (sp?).

    Really? *lol* My oxygenlevel is about 80%, my biggest problem is I
    never go into deep sleep because of my many relatively small, but
    constant stops. I stop breathing every 15-20 seconds. Wake up without
    being conscious, and stay in that shallow sort of comatosed state.

    >My husband doesn't even notice the mask anymore and it doesn't get in the
    >way of the normal cuddling we do to go to sleep.

    I'm getting fitted on thursday and friday, have to sleep over at the
    hospital. Am kinda nervous, but oh well... I'd do anything at this
    point to get better. It's been almost unbearable for years now.

    On Wed, 4 May 2005 23:10:56 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    >There are two main types of apnea. The most common one is
    >associated with overweight, which is associated with snoring. The
    >other, very rare, one is actually a slight neurological disorder
    >in the breathing center of the brain. If I remember correctly.

    You're right, but a person needn't be either overweight or snore, to
    have the first kind, although that is most common as you say. A lot of
    things can obstruct the trachea... I'm lucky enough to have nearly all
    of them! Narrowing due to overweight, huge tonsils from a serious
    bacterial infection (I'm talking golfballs here), and I have an
    inability to breath through my nose because I crushed and bent it when
    I was a year old.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Wed, 4 May 2005 23:10:56 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl>
    > wrote:
    >> There are two main types of apnea. The most common one is
    >> associated with overweight, which is associated with snoring.
    >> The
    >> other, very rare, one is actually a slight neurological
    >> disorder
    >> in the breathing center of the brain. If I remember correctly.
    > You're right, but a person needn't be either overweight or
    > snore, to
    > have the first kind, although that is most common as you say.

    I thought so, but wasn't sure.

    > A lot of things can obstruct the trachea... I'm lucky enough to
    > have nearly all
    > of them! Narrowing due to overweight, huge tonsils from a
    > serious
    > bacterial infection (I'm talking golfballs here), and I have an
    > inability to breath through my nose because I crushed and bent
    > it when
    > I was a year old.

    Really! Well, I can imagine you're desperate. I can relate a
    bit... although I breath easily I take medicine which causes me
    to be tired. Always. Today is my day off - won't be long before
    I'm in deep slumber again :-)

    T.

Sims Games Video Games