Need help reading mini-dump file please!

LPuaa

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Aloha,
I have a laptop with WinXP Pro (most likely SP2, possibly SP3). Which just suffered a 0x50 BSOD.
The last program that I installed and updated before the crash was avast! I rebooted in safe mode, deleted avast! to no solution, then I enabled diagnostic startup in msconfig to no avail. The computer still BSODs with a 0x50 error.
I have the mini-dump file of the crash but I can't open it because I don't have the mini-dump reader. I also can't install the Microsoft sdk with the mini-dump reader because it requires .NET framework which isn't loading in safemode.
I'm by no means a techie guy. I only know how to read instructions. If someone could point out what I might try next, or has the correct program and is willing to tell me what the .dmp file says, I would appreciate any help.
Thank you very much.
-Lono

1) You could search formini dump viewer, as there are some on the Web. But you may need someone to translate it.

2) You could write down the entire stop codes from the BSOD. something like 0x00000005d. Then go to the following link, and enter them into the search box to get an idea of what you are dealing with.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/tp/stop_error_list.htm