Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading NZXT Tempest EVO Fans

Last response: in Overclocking
March 30, 2011 6:42:06 PM

I want to upgrade my intake fans on my PC case from X3 120mm 40CFM fans to 80< CFM fans. My question is whether I will notice a difference in my gpu, and cpu temps.
I am mainly trying to get my 470's to drop around 10-15c's, is that possible w/ air cooling?
My Case has 3 intake/3 outtake and does pretty good, but I have not even overclocked my cards and they are getting to hot for comfort. I would like to do water cooling but don't have 400-500$ to spend on "cooling".

I was thinking about getting four of these fans
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
two would go in the front, one on the side for the gpu, and the other one for the CPU heatsink.
So is it worth the money to upgrade, I don't want to see only a 1-2c drop in temps, so if anyone has any recommendations I am open for advice.
March 30, 2011 8:29:31 PM

I don't want to change the case, just the case intake fans. right now the fans are rated at 42CFM's. I would like to double that and get fans that are 80+ CFM. The question is whether it will make a noticeable difference in GPU and CPU temps.

The cooler's for the 470 are nice but are to expensive, I can get 4 fans for just under $30.
m
l
March 31, 2011 5:07:37 AM

I appreciate the advice but I am running two 470's, and I think I would be choking the airflow of the top card if I used those VGA coolers. Not to mention for two of them it would cost $160 bucks.

I only wanna upgrade the case fans to something better than stock, but from what you're saying going from 40cfms to 80cfm is not going to make a difference in the temps?
m
l
!