Usb ports no working, camera/printer nothing works.

lilmocountry

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
the usb ports on my computer dont seem to know my camera ,printer, and other item are pluged into them. the sound cable on my computer is usb and it works with all the ports. really crazy need help bad.lol

Solution

Some Cameras require you to set USB in the menu of the Camera before it will upload.

You may be surpassing the power limit supplied by the USB Hub. Multiple Ports run off a single Hub.

Do a shut down. Unplug your USB devices. Startup. Plug your USB devices in, one at a time and see what happens. :hello:

lilmocountry

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

the device im using .camera / printer does not show up in device manger. i do even see such a name as hp315 camera or lexmark printer?

lilmocountry

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
the ports are active, cause my sound/speakers are activated by the usb ports supplying power to the speakers. so they are working, its just not reconizing the device im pluggin in, also i installed the software for the hp315 photosmart camera, and when you go to upload your pictures, it claims it cant connect with camera/computer???

Some Cameras require you to set USB in the menu of the Camera before it will upload.

Solution