AMD Bulldozer CPUs to support Simultaneous Multi-Threading

sanchz

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

What about X86-64???
What about integrated memory controllers???
What about Quick Path Interconnect (copy from HyperTransport)???

...and there it is...

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

lol... its actually the other way around. and no - amd is not going to make a cheeseburger because they make processors. cheeseburgers do not perform calculations. www.google.com wiki AMD before thinking they are a fast food chain.

scirishman76

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009

yes the I7 stole alot from AMD so it seems intel has been copying them HT on I7 stolen from AMD Integated memory controller also stolen intel does the staling AMD would get sued if they did this to intel lol

For one, Im glad AMD isnt using SMT, and even if Intel beats then to what AMD is really going to use, then it just makes sense, as AMDs form of multi threading is superior to SMT by a bit and then some

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

LoL I sure hope AMD's logical processors are superior to Intel's virtual processors.

LOL - guess somebody had to stir up the fire :D.

Anyway, what exactly is X86-68? 68-bit computing?? I'm sure AMD is the world leader in 68-bit CPUs, and welcome to it :sol:

Sure, and Mangled Corpse will be MCM (aka, double-cheeseburger according to the nearest AMD fanbois who also don't perform calcuations). IIRC, Magny Cours is 2 Istanbuls on a wheat bun :whistle:

So you're saying AMD's SMT is worth maybe 2 bits ?? [:rocket_sauce:1]

Happy Friday!! :D

Actually, the only downside is single threaded perf. I dont know the whole structure/usage abilities of it, but it is much better than SMT, and Intel may adopt it as well. Its just an overall better approach, but from what Ive read, really isnt worthwhile til 32 nm node, and since Intels already there....anyone have anything on sandybridge?