Cant i just delete administrator account and reformate

heytwins

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

I tried putting the disk in, but the CD ROM won't start the program when it restarts. The only way the CD ROM will work now is to go to my computer and right click on it.
I downloaded a program on my flash drive to find out, USB is not one of the way to reboot my computer.
I am at a total lost. I have no idea what else to try.
It started that I got a virus, got the virus out after 3 days of searching, seeing I can't get on to any of my programs. I downloaded practically every virus , malware, adware, I could find. Mcafee found trojans and I got back most of my stuff.
I am just so frustrated, that's why I just want to reformat, and I can't even do that...HELP

lewza

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Reboot your machine and go in to the BIOS its called setup before it gets to windows. Probably Del or F8 or something.

From here, you want to change the boot order so that the CD ROM drive is number1 instead of your hard drive. Save changes and exit.

It should prompt you to press any key to continue, do this so that you can continue installing Windows on a fresh installation. Remember to delete your old partition.

heytwins

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

Thank You, Thank You
I had tried that but it wouldn't read the disk. I must have done something wrong that time.
HOWEVER..I tried again like you said and got it to reformat.
Thanks so much.
Now my Big Journey Begins..Putting in all the drivers and programs.
It is definately worth it....Starting off fresh is the best way to go.
Thanks again for your help
heytwins