I switshed from Win98 to XPPro on my PC.
My printer(Lexmark 1000) worked fine with 98, but when I try to make it work
with XP via
Control Panel-->Printers and Faxes-->Add Printer, I only get a little window
message telling me that
"The operation could not be completed".
The Print Spooler service is set to automatic, Remote Procedure call service
is started, even the RPC locator is running,
so I don't know where to start fixing this.
Anybody?

lapzilla

Did you installed the windows xp drivers provided by
Lexmark?
You can call them via telephone 1-800-332-4120
They have excellent tech support!

Ter

It's a Lexmark AND you appear to have kept the printer connected during the
upgrade. The drivers are now corrupted and have to be completely
uninstalled.....

Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions at
and pay particular attention to Steps 14 through 16
--
Cari
www.coribright.com