Sign in with
Your question

How do i make games install on my secondary hd

Last response: in Storage
January 19, 2011 11:25:09 PM

just wondering how i make the games store on the secondary hdd instead of my windows drive w/o killing my seek time. I read how to do it somewhere before but idr where. I know i have to make a folder on my blank hd that i use for storage, but idr what all i have to do. Help please!!!!
a b G Storage
January 20, 2011 12:10:00 AM

liquid_trips said:
just wondering how i make the games store on the secondary hdd instead of my windows drive w/o killing my seek time. I read how to do it somewhere before but idr where. I know i have to make a folder on my blank hd that i use for storage, but idr what all i have to do. Help please!!!!

All you have to do is when installing the programs you set the directory of the game to the secondary hard drive. It will keep all the data on the secondary hard drive keeping your boot drive free.
m
l
January 20, 2011 12:15:14 AM

the one thing was telling me i had to make an x86 file on the other hd so all programs i install will go there and then i had to change something on the windows drive so that it automatically looks there. I dont know the process or exactly how to do that
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
January 20, 2011 1:01:51 AM

When installing your games, always choose custom install so you can change the destination folder. Don't use default settings.
m
l
January 20, 2011 1:02:40 AM

will that lessen my read time on the bootup and running of the game?
m
l
a b G Storage
January 20, 2011 9:22:15 PM

Hi liquid_trips,

The read and bootup time is dependent on the drive you installed it to, as well as other factors (CPU, GPU, etc). It's hard to tell if changing drives will affect the time, but a faster drive, the better usually.

Hope this helps!
m
l
!