• Chipsets
  • DMI
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
November 11, 2009 12:34:37 AM

Hi
i just Upgraded from Vista 32bit on my Acer aspire m5100 ( it not a laptop).

The installation goes fine every time i try reinstalling windows 7 to see if it could fix the DMI POOL DATA. But after the final configuration of windows 7 and the last reboot before it is finish to install i get stuck on Verifying DMI Pool Data. i have updated my Bios and it still get stuck on DMI Pool Data.

The only thing that i changed on the default spec is i added a Gforge 7900 GTO. i don't know if this does help but since the CPU i have is 64 bit compatible i think window 7 might have installed itself has a 64 bit

Any clue what wrong here?

More about : window dmi pool data

Best solution

November 17, 2009 4:08:50 PM

flameXI said:
Hi
i just Upgraded from Vista 32bit on my Acer aspire m5100 ( it not a laptop).

The installation goes fine every time i try reinstalling windows 7 to see if it could fix the DMI POOL DATA. But after the final configuration of windows 7 and the last reboot before it is finish to install i get stuck on Verifying DMI Pool Data. i have updated my Bios and it still get stuck on DMI Pool Data.

The only thing that i changed on the default spec is i added a Gforge 7900 GTO. i don't know if this does help but since the CPU i have is 64 bit compatible i think window 7 might have installed itself has a 64 bit

Any clue what wrong here?

Hi

Had the same problem, Acer Asprire M5100 as well but managed to cure it - do the following and pass this info on, I know how helpful things like this can be when trying for days on end to get something working.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7, got the same error "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and hanging.

To fix this boot from the windows 7 dvd again, select the Repair Windows section, select the command prompt option, type BOOTREC.EXE /FIXBOOT and hit enter, close the command prompt and select restart - all is now ok :)  P.S This also works for Windows Vista

( I also couldnt get the NVIDIA Windows 7 driver to change the resolution once I got Windows 7 working, so removed card and works perfect with the onboard ATI Inbuilt card.)
November 19, 2009 10:50:13 PM

Thank you it works fine after doing the Prompt option.
Thanks again you saved me a lot of time.
les't hope this will also help people that get the same error i did
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
March 30, 2010 9:39:02 AM

It works!!!
Thank you very much, after searching for 2 days I finally found your answer!
Score
May 1, 2010 8:10:41 PM

garypaterson said:
Hi

Had the same problem, Acer Asprire M5100 as well but managed to cure it - do the following and pass this info on, I know how helpful things like this can be when trying for days on end to get something working.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7, got the same error "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and hanging.

To fix this boot from the windows 7 dvd again, select the Repair Windows section, select the command prompt option, type BOOTREC.EXE /FIXBOOT and hit enter, close the command prompt and select restart - all is now ok :)  P.S This also works for Windows Vista

( I also couldnt get the NVIDIA Windows 7 driver to change the resolution once I got Windows 7 working, so removed card and works perfect with the onboard ATI Inbuilt card.)

really awesome!!! thanks very much! it works great!
Score
September 2, 2010 12:18:25 AM

Bump, Thank you very much! Worked perfectly.
Score
September 12, 2010 3:01:21 PM

Best answer selected by flameXI.
Score
November 9, 2010 2:58:29 PM

garypaterson said:
Hi

Bump---
I tried that and get "Element not found" :fou:  I did a dual-boot setup with Windows 7 on another hard drive.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
November 10, 2010 6:23:49 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!