Closed Solved

Window 7 DMI Pool data

Hi
i just Upgraded from Vista 32bit on my Acer aspire m5100 ( it not a laptop).

The installation goes fine every time i try reinstalling windows 7 to see if it could fix the DMI POOL DATA. But after the final configuration of windows 7 and the last reboot before it is finish to install i get stuck on Verifying DMI Pool Data. i have updated my Bios and it still get stuck on DMI Pool Data.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/acer-aspire-m5100/4507-3118_7-32826082.html?tag=mncolBtm;rnav

The only thing that i changed on the default spec is i added a Gforge 7900 GTO. i don't know if this does help but since the CPU i have is 64 bit compatible i think window 7 might have installed itself has a 64 bit

Any clue what wrong here?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about window pool data
  1. Best answer
    flameXI said:
    Hi
    i just Upgraded from Vista 32bit on my Acer aspire m5100 ( it not a laptop).

The installation goes fine every time i try reinstalling windows 7 to see if it could fix the DMI POOL DATA. But after the final configuration of windows 7 and the last reboot before it is finish to install i get stuck on Verifying DMI Pool Data. i have updated my Bios and it still get stuck on DMI Pool Data.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/acer-aspire-m5100/4507-3118_7-32826082.html?tag=mncolBtm;rnav

The only thing that i changed on the default spec is i added a Gforge 7900 GTO. i don't know if this does help but since the CPU i have is 64 bit compatible i think window 7 might have installed itself has a 64 bit

Any clue what wrong here?

Hi

Had the same problem, Acer Asprire M5100 as well but managed to cure it - do the following and pass this info on, I know how helpful things like this can be when trying for days on end to get something working.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7, got the same error "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and hanging.

To fix this boot from the windows 7 dvd again, select the Repair Windows section, select the command prompt option, type BOOTREC.EXE /FIXBOOT and hit enter, close the command prompt and select restart - all is now ok :) P.S This also works for Windows Vista

( I also couldnt get the NVIDIA Windows 7 driver to change the resolution once I got Windows 7 working, so removed card and works perfect with the onboard ATI Inbuilt card.)
  2. Thank you it works fine after doing the Prompt option.
    Thanks again you saved me a lot of time.
    les't hope this will also help people that get the same error i did
  3. It works!!!
    Thank you very much, after searching for 2 days I finally found your answer!
  4. garypaterson said:
    Hi

Had the same problem, Acer Asprire M5100 as well but managed to cure it - do the following and pass this info on, I know how helpful things like this can be when trying for days on end to get something working.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7, got the same error "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and hanging.

To fix this boot from the windows 7 dvd again, select the Repair Windows section, select the command prompt option, type BOOTREC.EXE /FIXBOOT and hit enter, close the command prompt and select restart - all is now ok :) P.S This also works for Windows Vista

( I also couldnt get the NVIDIA Windows 7 driver to change the resolution once I got Windows 7 working, so removed card and works perfect with the onboard ATI Inbuilt card.)

really awesome!!! thanks very much! it works great!
  5. Bump, Thank you very much! Worked perfectly.
  6. Best answer selected by flameXI.
  7. garypaterson said:
    Hi

Bump---
    I tried that and get "Element not found" :fou: I did a dual-boot setup with Windows 7 on another hard drive.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets DMI Windows Vista Windows 7 Motherboards