Will The Sims 2 work on my laptop?

Will the game The Sims 2 work on my laptop computer?

Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor featuring Intel SpeedStep technology
1.60 Ghz-M

ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
16 MB DDR (on die)

Memory 512 MB

Thanks

Andrew
4 answers Last reply
More about will sims work laptop

    Check the main sims2 site for specs for computers.
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    "Andrew" <andysumm@REMOVE THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    > Will the game The Sims 2 work on my laptop computer?
    >
    > Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor featuring Intel SpeedStep technology
    > 1.60 Ghz-M
    >
    > ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
    > 16 MB DDR (on die)
    >
    > Memory 512 MB
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Andrew

    Try these sites before you buy it.

    IGN on .............OFFICIAL Will The Sims 2 work on my computer?! FAQ and
    discussion in general
    http://boards.ign.com/The_Sims/b5219/67788754/?75

    Windows XP Game Advisor
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx

    Will The Sims 2 work on my laptop?
    Query and Discussion
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t81631.html

    Belarc has a very good free audit program that will tell you exactly what
    hardware and software etc.is in your laptop- circuit boards, BIOS numbers,
    dates etc., etc., if you want to ask
    EA support.
    http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_prod_lvl1=474

    Skeats

    "Andrew" <andysumm@REMOVE THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    > Will the game The Sims 2 work on my laptop computer?
    >
    > Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor featuring Intel SpeedStep technology
    > 1.60 Ghz-M
    >
    > ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
    > 16 MB DDR (on die)
    >
    > Memory 512 MB
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Andrew

    BTW just put in Sims 2 in the Game box. That'll install an activex control
    to check it directly for you.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx

    Skeats

    You have a P4/1.6 with 512mb RAM, more than adequate video .. doesn't
    matter if it's in a laptop or desktop.. Your computer will run the game if
    you have enough harddrive space..

    According to all the *sites* .. I shouldn't be able to run the game but it
    runs fine on my P3/733 1gb RAM. I think the minimum states 800Mhz <shrug>
    ..... in any case, your specs certainly fall within the allowable limits...

    feawen

    "Andrew" <andysumm@REMOVE THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    > Will the game The Sims 2 work on my laptop computer?
    >
    > Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor featuring Intel SpeedStep
    technology
    > 1.60 Ghz-M
    >
    > ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
    > 16 MB DDR (on die)