Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Connecting ps3 to internet with a usb broadband modem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 29, 2009 12:29:52 AM

I have an optus usb broadband modem & i want to play my ps3 online. As the usb modem cannot be connected directly to the ps3, what do i need to be able to connect the ps3 to the internet?
thanks
Anonymous
January 15, 2010 5:34:11 PM

sabre17 said:
I have an optus usb broadband modem & i want to play my ps3 online. As the usb modem cannot be connected directly to the ps3, what do i need to be able to connect the ps3 to the internet?
thanks

must ps3 to wireless router....only will working....

well here we go

First:
go to PS3 "settings" ==> system update ==> update via internet ( must PS3 to Wireless router for connection signal) it's will take long time to download about least 6 hr.

2:
go back settings ==> network setting ==> internet connection setting ==> East or coustom your choose if east... PS3 automtic for you for connection. If custom.. you have to make your own for conncetion.

Then all system is good.... that's all

If any problem, that I can help
July 27, 2012 5:16:45 AM

Hi Sabre17,
you cannot connect usb directly to your ps3 but if you have a laptop then its easy to connect both to internet if you want to know how replay me and i will send you the steps.

Thanks
Related resources
Anonymous
October 4, 2012 4:48:54 PM

ameer_81 said:
Hi Sabre17,
you cannot connect usb directly to your ps3 but if you have a laptop then its easy to connect both to internet if you want to know how replay me and i will send you the steps.

Thanks

Hi,

I have the same issue as Sabre17 and would greatly appreciate it if you told me those steps as well.

Thanks.
November 28, 2012 4:10:00 AM

ameer_81 said:
Hi Sabre17,

Thanks

hey ameer

i have the problem to connect my broadband internet with my ps3 trough my laptop. The first time I tried it me and my brother correct the ip address and we went on the internet with no problem :pt1cable:  with a wired connection trough the laptop? can you please help me and sent the steps to my email diebotha@gmail.com. i hope you can help me because i am up to here :fou:  so please ameer

hope you sent as fast back as you can

your friend
piet :fou: 
April 13, 2013 6:21:01 PM

Cant you people read. The guy says he does not have a router. I connected my Ps3 to my PC without a router using only a Ethernet Cable but I bought a new PS3 and now Im struggling to connect and I've searched probably the whole internet all to no avail, people talking about buying a router which I don't want to do because I already connected it once without a router
!