Desforces

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I recently bought a new watercooling system. My specs:

Pump: MCP665
Reservoir: Magicool Plexiac 250
Radiator: Phobya G-Changer Ver 1.2 + 3 Fan
CPU Block: EK Supreme HF Full Nickel

I just installed computer today but when I start the computer after a minute when I touch the block It's like burning. I scared my CPU will burn so I can't install windows yet. Is it normal or I did something wrong ?

grahamie

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
you will need to prime the pump on the first start up or atleast i do any time i drain my system ensure your res is above your pump and you may have to start and stop your computer a few time untill the pump takes it prime once its primed it will be good to go untill you have to break the loop open. also to check flow i watch the tiny air pockets that hold on to the side of the hose flickin the tiny air pockets will free up the air and you can see them get swept away do not run the system untill you know you have flow

You shouldn't start and stop your computer at all during pump priming.
You should be using an external power supply or have the system psu disconnected from everything but the pump.

grahamie

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
i dont want to take away from this thread but just wondering what how could starting and stopping be bad ? your water bock will take the heat that is generated in the bios stages. im not saying fight with it for hours like that as you could cause damage for sure

Great idea with the psu disconnected from everything but the pump to prime im going to adopt that my self... Thanks

TRENDING THREADS