question: Both boxes in different rooms have to tune on sa..

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 13, 2005 3:37:22 PM

Hello,
I'm a newbie to satellite. I have a weird problem with multi-switches.
I have a LNB connected to a splitter. The two outputs of this splitter
go to two multi-switches. The "receiver" end (output) of these two
multi-switches go to different rooms. The problem is when I want to
view a channel in my bedroom, I have to keep the box in the living room
on, and tuned to the same channel. If I want to view that channel from
the living room, I don't have to keep the box in the bedroom on. Has
anyone had the same problem? The reason that I need to use
multi-switches is because I have 3 LNBs. The setup for the other 2
LNBs are the same except these 2 LNBs has two built-in outputs, so I
don't need to use a splitter on these 2. Only the 1st LNB, which is
connected to the splitter, has the problem.

Thank you,
Tony
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:01:07 PM

tonylyn@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm a newbie to satellite. I have a weird problem with multi-switches.
> I have a LNB connected to a splitter.

Why?

> The two outputs of this splitter
> go to two multi-switches.

Why is a "splitter" even in the equation?
Get rid of the "splitters", have it hooked up correctly, and call us in
the morning!
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 6:07:01 AM

Sorry, I got it mixed up. The LNB is connected to a "ZINWELL® MICRO 3 X 4
Digital Satellite MultiSwitch" (not a splitter as I mistakenly stated). The
output RX1 and RX2 of this multiswitch will go to two "4x1 DiSEqC"
switches. The "receiver" end of these two switches go to two boxes in two
rooms.

Tony

"Lincoln Goines" <jazz@bass.gov> wrote in message
> tonylyn@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm a newbie to satellite. I have a weird problem with multi-switches.
> > I have a LNB connected to a splitter.
>
> Why?
>
> > The two outputs of this splitter
> > go to two multi-switches.
>
> Why is a "splitter" even in the equation?
> Get rid of the "splitters", have it hooked up correctly, and call us in
> the morning!

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 6:57:08 AM

You've got a problem with your cabling/multiswitch and/or an LNB is not
powering up from a receiver and thus relying on the receiver you have to
leave on to watch the other.

It is also possible that the 4x1 DiSEqC you have could be causing a null. If
you have a 3x4, why do you have a 4x1 DiSEqC between the receivers and the
3x4?
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:06:31 PM

tony nguyen wrote:

> Sorry, I got it mixed up. The LNB is connected to a "ZINWELL® MICRO 3 X 4
> Digital Satellite MultiSwitch" (not a splitter as I mistakenly stated). The
> output RX1 and RX2 of this multiswitch will go to two "4x1 DiSEqC"
> switches. The "receiver" end of these two switches go to two boxes in two
> rooms.

I'm still a little confused.
Why all those switches?
In a typical sat/system, the output(s) from the LNB should go into _A_
switch. Then, the outputs from that switch should go to each receiver.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:54:52 AM

Because I have two receivers that share same LNB. Before going _A_ switch
as you suggested, I need to split up the signal from the LNB before going to
two "4x1 DiSEqC" switches. The "ZINWELL® MICRO 3 X 4 Digital Satellite
MultiSwitch" acts as a splitter in this case. Does it make sense to you?

Thank you,
Tony Nguyen

"Morgan Ågren" <Swede@drums.gov> wrote in message
> tony nguyen wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I got it mixed up. The LNB is connected to a "ZINWELL® MICRO 3
X 4
> > Digital Satellite MultiSwitch" (not a splitter as I mistakenly stated).
The
> > output RX1 and RX2 of this multiswitch will go to two "4x1 DiSEqC"
> > switches. The "receiver" end of these two switches go to two boxes in
two
> > rooms.
>
> I'm still a little confused.
> Why all those switches?
> In a typical sat/system, the output(s) from the LNB should go into _A_
> switch. Then, the outputs from that switch should go to each receiver.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:49:15 PM

tony nguyen wrote:
> Because I have two receivers that share same LNB. Before going _A_ switch
> as you suggested, I need to split up the signal from the LNB before going to
> two "4x1 DiSEqC" switches. The "ZINWELL® MICRO 3 X 4 Digital Satellite
> MultiSwitch" acts as a splitter in this case. Does it make sense to you?

Not to me.
Perhaps it's the LNB.
Trade it for a Dual LNB.
!