Sign in with
Your question

Can open but have to install games to play them on my second hdd.

Last response: in Storage
January 20, 2011 3:35:18 PM

Hi!
I yust got my Corsair F120 HDD. I yust installed it but now my storage drive is messing with me, (1 TB WD)
Basicly i can open the drive, see all the programs and open them, but it says error and none are installed, is there anyway i can start reading from my second hdd? or do i have to defragg and reinstall all?
all tips and suggestions are welcome
no advice is to stupid
best regards
January 20, 2011 5:17:13 PM

meh, yust defragged the hdd, it says its empty but when i search in start it still says that there are files there, when i try to open them they say they dont exist, anyway to realy get rid of them?
January 20, 2011 5:49:58 PM

F120 SSD I think you mean

You will have to reinstall all your drivers and great majority of games and programs to make them work again
Related resources
January 21, 2011 8:22:59 AM

XD yeah SSD, defragged running a redefragg thrue ccleaner atm, 14 hs left :cry: 
a b G Storage
January 21, 2011 4:39:22 PM

First don't defrag your ssd, ever. Secondly if you want to empty it do a quick reformat. If you reinstalled windows on the SSD, chances are you will have to reinstall all the programs again, since most of the .dlls are missing.
January 21, 2011 5:17:11 PM

already done all that=/
January 21, 2011 6:00:08 PM

Yep defragging SSD is no good, it unnecesarily degrades the lifespan of the drive with a bunch of unnecesary write cycles, remember each flash cell on a SSD has a limited amount of times it can be written to before it wears out.
!