Sign in with
Your question

Brand New Computer - No power up, Nothing at all

Last response: in Systems
May 22, 2009 12:06:35 AM

Just tried to power my new build up and get absolutely nothing.

This is the 2nd comp I've put together so I'm somewhat informed on what I'm doing.

Specs: All brand new

BFG LS Series 550 Watt

AMD 7750 Kuma AM2+

Gigabyte MA780G-UD3H

Kingston HyperX 2x2gb PC8500

MSI 4870 1gb video card

Hitachi Deskstar 160GB SATA 2

Antec Three Hundred Case

Sony DVD/RW Sata drive

I have everything hooked up properly from what I can tell. When I turn it on I get absolutely nothing.

I tried jump starting the PSU to see if the fan would come on, on the PSU itself. Nothing.

Faulty PSU?

More about : brand computer power

May 22, 2009 12:30:05 AM

Guess I should have put down that I am also able to read.

Did all that. Taking the mobo and putting it on the box.

This power supply does nothing. Can't get the fan on for nothing.
m
l
Related resources
May 22, 2009 12:53:11 AM

I got my PSU to jumpstart and it does work.

I got 5 fans working on it and my cdrom while it was jumpstarted but I still can not get any life out of the mobo.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 22, 2009 3:16:39 AM

If you've really gone through the entire checklist with no success then I guess it's time to try sending in parts for RMA. I would guess that either the 4-pin CPU power cable isn't connected or the problem lies with your RAM. Which exact RAM kit do you have? All of these kits fit your description:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...(2%20x%202GB)

The Kingston HyperX RAM needs insane voltage to get its rated speed and timings. Did you follow the steps to try one stick of RAM and to try each stick by itself in each RAM slot? You will need to manually set the RAM speed/timings/voltage to the manufacturers specs in the BIOS for that RAM to work correctly.

Are both 6-pin power connectors plugged into your GPU? Do you have a system speaker installed so you can listen for beep codes?
m
l
May 22, 2009 3:00:19 PM

Sounds like you didn't put the RAM in the correct slots specified in the motherboard. There is a certain way to insert tri chan or dual chan ram. If you don't comply with the instruction your PC wont' POST.
m
l
!