E8400 Temperature Problems

G

Hey guys:

I've been having some problems with my Intel E8400 Dual Core Processor's Temperatures., using a CoolerMaster Hyper TX 2 Processor cooler my resting temperature is around 50 and under load I've seen it go as high as 90-95C (recorded using RealTemp)

I thought it could be my application of Thermal paste that might be causing it, but I've already cleaned and reapplied that, so I don't think that's true.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing it?

Is that Fan enough to cool it properly? My Fan's RPM is 1800 or so: Is this high enough for the TX2? Or is it simply that I've got a duff part somewhere?

Thanks for any help you might give! :)

Rich Allan

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

totally.

also make sure you put the RIGHT amount of thermal paste on. too much = bad temps, too little = bad temps. google will be your friend :)

G

mousemonkey wrote :

Check your push pins!

If, by push pins, you mean the pins that connect the Heatsink to the Motherboard, I'm pretty sure that they are correct, is there any surefire way of checking they're not?

Already done my friend, but thanks for the tip all the same!

1tym

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
mousemonkey wrote :

Check your push pins!

If, by push pins, you mean the pins that connect the Heatsink to the Motherboard, I'm pretty sure that they are correct, is there any surefire way of checking they're not?

Already done my friend, but thanks for the tip all the same!

Take out your motherboard and look at the underside make sure the plastic pins are through the holes. That's the only way to be sure.

Also, have you checked to make sure you are getting a solid contact between the CPU and heat sink bottom? The best way is to look how your paste is spread. Sometimes there are manufacturing flaws that allow concave or convex gaps between the two surfaces.