Sign in with
Your question

How to reboot an acer travelmate2310 laptop

Last response: in Windows XP
October 27, 2011 12:56:49 AM

please help! I don`t know much about laptops and ny acer travelmate 2310 will not start up,it gets as far as the windows xp loading screen then goes off and this process keeps repeating.What can be done to fix this and will I be able to ffix it myself.
thanks
steve
a b D Laptop
October 27, 2011 9:40:42 AM

steve_66 said:
please help! I don`t know much about laptops and ny acer travelmate 2310 will not start up,it gets as far as the windows xp loading screen then goes off and this process keeps repeating.What can be done to fix this and will I be able to ffix it myself.
thanks
steve

We see this a lot with your product, as well as others, so not picking on Acer... Can you fix it yourself ? Depends on your understanding of computers, I guess. There are a number of causes for your problem, corrupted OS files, memory problems, overheating and so on.

Can you boot into safe mode ? If you can, Select disable automatic restart and you will most likely receive BSOD with stop code to research. Could also select last good configuration, and maybe that will resolve something.
Do you have a Windows CD ?
Do you have an Owner's Manual ?
Did you make any HW or SW changes to your system recently, including MS updates ?
!