Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

DDR3 1333 vs 1066 OCZ Reaper

Last response: in Memory
Share
November 11, 2009 10:21:08 PM

Hay guys, I'm a Info Hog again today.


Anyone know whats faster.

1 = DDR3 1066 6-6-6-18

2 = DDR3 1333 7-7-7-20


And what would go better with an E8400 @ 3.6GHz 1600fsb



I don't have a Ram BM, so I can't test it myself, Thought I'd ask sence you are all ingenious anyway! :sol: 



Thank you Guys!

Best solution

a b } Memory
November 12, 2009 5:59:21 AM
Share

Hello :) 
Both are good,and the difference between them isn't noticeable in real time apps/games but for OverClocking,i would choose the first one because of lower timings
a b } Memory
November 12, 2009 3:08:21 PM

I wouldn't say that,because OCZ is a good brand so are Corsair and G.skill,have you got any bad experiences with them ?
Related resources
November 12, 2009 3:53:18 PM

Maziar said:
Hello :) 
Both are good,and the difference between them isn't noticeable in real time apps/games but for OverClocking,i would choose the first one because of lower timings



Thanks mate!

I'll try it.


a b } Memory
November 12, 2009 5:09:45 PM

No problem,glad to help :) 
November 13, 2009 3:12:38 PM

Maziar said:
No problem,glad to help :) 



Sorry mate!


I'm an Idiot!


1333-7-7-7-20 = 190

1066-6-6-6-18 = 177


1333 is faster.

:??: 
a b } Memory
November 13, 2009 6:18:54 PM

1333 is faster but the difference isn't noticeable in games/most apps,and since the 1066 model has lower timings and that's the reason i choose it
November 13, 2009 7:29:58 PM

Maziar said:
1333 is faster but the difference isn't noticeable in games/most apps,and since the 1066 model has lower timings and that's the reason i choose it



OK.

Why would you pick the lower Timings even tho its slower?

You seem to know what your doing,so I would like to know?


And what if I Under clock to get higher timings?

DDR3 has a higher Band width then DDR2 , so DDR2 at 800mhz would be slower then DDR3 at 800Mhz right? and 800MHz DDR2 is fast anyway.


do you know of a Good Ram BM or a System BM, for free, or free trial?
a b } Memory
November 14, 2009 6:10:54 AM

Choosing between a DDR3 1333 with higher timings and a DDR3 1066 with lower timings isn't easy because both are good options,1333 is faster than 1066 but as i said its not noticeable in games/apps on the other hand 1066 model has lower timings,so it mostly depends on you,I myself prefer lower timings for OC'ng but some others prefer higher speed.
About DDR3 800 and DDR2 800, i haven't seen the benchmark of them but i don't think you ever see the difference between them in any real game/app
And about your last question,i suppose by BM you mean Benchmarking,if so then Sis Sandra or PCMark are good.
November 14, 2009 3:35:46 PM

Maziar said:
Choosing between a DDR3 1333 with higher timings and a DDR3 1066 with lower timings isn't easy because both are good options,1333 is faster than 1066 but as i said its not noticeable in games/apps on the other hand 1066 model has lower timings,so it mostly depends on you,I myself prefer lower timings for OC'ng but some others prefer higher speed.
About DDR3 800 and DDR2 800, i haven't seen the benchmark of them but i don't think you ever see the difference between them in any real game/app
And about your last question,i suppose by BM you mean Benchmarking,if so then Sis Sandra or PCMark are good.



Thanks!
a b } Memory
November 14, 2009 6:44:15 PM

No problem :) 
!