Dell Latitude CP- ethernet capable?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 7, 2004 9:30:36 PM

What is the best ( & easiest?) way to add ethernet capability to my older
Dell Latitude CP ( 233 ,128) ?
Can an internal ethernet card be installed? Or only a cardbus card? Or
something else?

Sorry, for the novice question....
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 8, 2004 7:12:34 PM

> What is the best ( & easiest?) way to add
> ethernet capability to my older Dell Latitude
> CP ( 233 ,128) ?
> Can an internal ethernet card be installed? Or
> only a cardbus card? Or something else?
>
> Sorry, for the novice question....

Having owned a CPi myself, there are no miniPCI slots for
internal devices. That leaves the port replicator,
PCCard/CardBus and USB as ways to add a NIC...

My money would be on CardBus since the CP has only one
available USB (v1) port. Since I can't stand dongles, I would
look for an x-jack or realport solution. (IMHO)
!