Solved

Dell replacement motherboards 4400 options

I have recently been given a Dell Dimension 4400. I'm told it was taken to a shop where they determined the motherboard is no good. The machine itself is in pristine condition I think it was kept in a clean room. I try to help people of low income and would like to replace the motherboard at as small a cost as possible give the computer away. I understand that some machines are proprietary and require a exact replacement. My question is; are there alternative options for motherboard replacement. I believe this has a Pentium 4 processor (that is what is shown on the front), I'm not sure how exactly to determine the motherboard's model number there are many numbers and stickers on the board itself, I will list what I see in hopes that it will help in some way. (E210882, n232 (both printed on the board) ds/n my-81k529 -12465-22A-0205 : c/o my, REV a03 (both printed on stickers)). On the outside of the machine there is a sticker that has (7BV6911) on it. The physical dimensions of the board are 8-1/2" by 9-3/4".
I hope I have provided enough information to solve this problem and will truly appreciate all help given.
Thank you in advance
Bruce R.
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dell replacement motherboards 4400 options
  1. Best answer
    Don't try to reuse the dell case if the backplate is atatched to the motherboard. Cases are cheap; you can go to pricewatch and get a barebones setup for around $110 shipped; frys has a sempron compaq presario for $249 through today in stores only with windows 7. Newegg has free shipping with some case promos; I got mine for $19 including shipping with no sales tax. Sign up for receiving email promos. I get 2-3 a week. With a standard atx case, expect to pay around $75 for a cheap motherboard and cpu combo that uses ddr ram. Check pricewatch or computer geeks for those deals. You can go to ebay and get a 4400 dell board, but it is probably used and I'd be surprised if you could find one for less than $75-100.
  2. o1die said:
    Don't try to reuse the dell case if the backplate is atatched to the motherboard. Cases are cheap; you can go to pricewatch and get a barebones setup for around $110 shipped; frys has a sempron compaq presario for $249 through today in stores only with windows 7. Newegg has free shipping with some case promos; I got mine for $19 including shipping with no sales tax. Sign up for receiving email promos. I get 2-3 a week. With a standard atx case, expect to pay around $75 for a cheap motherboard and cpu combo that uses ddr ram. Check pricewatch or computer geeks for those deals. You can go to ebay and get a 4400 dell board, but it is probably used and I'd be surprised if you could find one for less than $75-100.

Thank you both for your input, the consensus seems to be trash it. I appreciate you responses and hope that some day I may be able to assist you with a problem of your own. Not that I would ever wish a problem on anyone, well you know what I mean.
    Thanks again
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Dell