Flottbomb

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Hello, im pretty new to the whole overclocking thing. But I have done alot of reading on different forums and just recently I made a minor overclock on my i-7-930 so that it runs on 3,5GHz.

Anyway, I was following a guide that said to use LLC for lower levels of overclocking, so thats what I dit. But since then i've been reading alot of threads where people say LLC can damage your CPU, and alot of other people saying it's perfectly safe.
So I thought I might get a 2nd opinion on the matter since im hearing alot of mixed views on the matter.

Is LLC safe to use? Just so you all know my CPU currently runs on 1,125 V, so it's not like im givin' it all shes got =)

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
The only way to know for sure is to find someone with a scope that will graph the transient voltage spikes when the processor is loaded and unloaded.

There are a few graphs out there that say "this is what the transient overshoot spike looks like" but I've never seen any scope shots to prove it at different voltages.

So, all I can say is I had a pencil modded (completely eliminated vdroop) and overclocked P35 motherboard for many years and never had any issues with it, it's completely up to you.