Cannot see USB printer (HP D135 Officejet) under Win XP Pro

My printer (HP D135 Officejet USB) shows up in Printers folder, but
appears 'Offline'. It does not appear in the Hardware devices list at
all, although USB, and USB Hub devices do show.

The printer worked fine under Win 2000 Pro, which I used before I
installed
XPP.

What's the problem and resolution to this?

F.Z.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Check the HP web site for updated drivers for XP.

"Fred Zimmerman" <silversw2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My printer (HP D135 Officejet USB) shows up in Printers folder, but
> appears 'Offline'. It does not appear in the Hardware devices list at
> all, although USB, and USB Hub devices do show.
>
> The printer worked fine under Win 2000 Pro, which I used before I
> installed
> XPP.
>
> What's the problem and resolution to this?
>
> F.Z.

Drivers and detailed installation instructions are at the HP website at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=64986&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=oj-2520-2
--
Cari
www.coribright.com