Sign in with
Your question

Help with recovering to original factory status extensa 5420

Last response: in Storage
January 21, 2011 7:51:38 AM

I am not very good with computers but am wanting to restore my extensa 5420 with Vista Premium to its original factory settings. I am getting confused reading some of the advice.

Am I correct in the fact that I can go to the Erecovery management page then click on restore to factory settings put in the password when asked and then just go. Will that restore my laptop to how I recieved it complete with Vista. Or do I have to go to ALT F10 when the logo appears and then follow instructions.

And do I really have to create a backup disk or not. Live in the country and a 2 hour trip to nearest place where I can buy dvds.

Any help gratefully received.
January 21, 2011 8:28:47 AM

Nobody around to answer this at all?? Please - pretty please
January 21, 2011 2:33:00 PM

If you purchased from a store, your best bet would be to call their help line, they will walk you through the process.
I don't have your particular pc, so I do not know anything about the erecovery management page.
However, it sounds like you want to reformat. If you are interested in doing that, just place the system cd in the drive. The CD that came with the pc when you bought it, and it will probably just auto launch and walk you through the process.
Depending on the bios settings, if you put the CD in the drive and restart your pc, it may launch that way as well.
Anyhow, be aware, it is possible to lose all of your data during the process, so backup first.
!