Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 overclocking issue ?

vegettonox

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
I have this particular motherboard with an i7 2600k overclocked to 4.3ghz (new to overclocking not interested in pushing it yet), most settings are on automatic, i have the cpu features disabled except for multithreading. I had to enable load line calibration to level 1 which stabilized the core system but i bumped the vccio to 1.08v after i installed both 580sc video cards in sli mode which would dump the stability. I ran 24 hours of prime 95, a default run of occt, 24 and 10 passes of linx with 2 gig memory set rest of settings default, 6 passes of 3dmark 06 and 12 passes (22 hours) of memtest 86 v4.20. The temperatures never passed 66*c during prime 95 and im using a coolermaster v8 cooler with ocz freeze thermal compound.

I was curious if the overclocking community could give me a hand with a small issue that pops up occasionally but i don't think its a problem. Occasionally when i make changes to settings in the bios, the last time i was disabling onboard audio, the system did its restart procedure (several power on and offs) and listed a voltage or overclocking change as the result. I received this message a few times when i was overclocking and was wondering if this is a problem or something that may occur when the board is overclocked and settings are altered.

I was also wondering if my vccio may be to high causing the problem, like i said the system is completely stable and the board did not reset its overclocking settings upon the issue described above.

Any information would be helpful thank you.

Some boards will do the multi-reboot thing, especially when overclocked. It's a known issue with Sandy Bridge boards, and they haven't really come up with a fix yet. Mine only does it when cold-booting.

1.08v VCCIO is well within the safe range. You don't have to worry until it gets to 1.2v or so.