Sims 1 - newbie question - the bachelor

Hi.

I have a bachelor that keeps dying in kitchen fires, or even
grill-related fires. I've shifted everything about, and gotten fire
alarms and such... Is my Sim just a bad cook?

How do I make him more fire conscious?

-John Effty

- I'm just here because I don't have a blog! -
More about sims newbie question bachelor

    Have the sim study cooking from a bookcase.A meter should come up above
    his/her head,and when this bar gets completely full,you should get a
    message saying that a skill point was added.However,this won't guarantee
    that fires won't start,but can reduce the chances of them starting.

    Munch.

    I don't know about fire conscious, Maxis is notorious for programming silly
    behaviour around fire IMHO, but if you get him to read about cooking from
    the bookcase (and maybe even the computer, I forget just what the computer
    can do now) he will burn less things and create fewer fires. Three points of
    cooking is safe, IIRC.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "John Effty" <filthytroll@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a bachelor that keeps dying in kitchen fires, or even
    > grill-related fires. I've shifted everything about, and gotten fire
    > alarms and such... Is my Sim just a bad cook?
    >
    > How do I make him more fire conscious?
    >
    > -John Effty

    > - I'm just here because I don't have a blog! -

    "John Effty" <filthytroll@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a bachelor that keeps dying in kitchen fires, or even
    > grill-related fires. I've shifted everything about, and gotten fire
    > alarms and such... Is my Sim just a bad cook?
    >
    > How do I make him more fire conscious?
    >
    > -John Effty

    > - I'm just here because I don't have a blog! -

    increase his cooking skills- buy bookcase and get him to study cooking.

    linda wrote:
    > "John Effty" <filthytroll@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > increase his cooking skills- buy bookcase and get him to study cooking.

    Oh! Why didn't I think of that?

    -Effty

    - I'm just here because I don't have a blog! -

    "John Effty" <filthytroll@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a bachelor that keeps dying in kitchen fires, or even grill-related
    > fires. I've shifted everything about, and gotten fire alarms and such...
    > Is my Sim just a bad cook?
    >
    > How do I make him more fire conscious?
    >
    > -John Effty

    Until he has a few cooking skill points, have him stick to the
    microwave/toaster thingy instead (don't remember how it's called in Sims 1).
    Only buy him a real stove when he has at least 4 or 5 skill points in
    cooking.

    Good luck!

    Yvette

    Okay,

    I have 2 points of cooking-ness now, and I even have a friend!

    I haven't died in a fire recently and I hope to avoid that fate again
    altogether...

    -John Effty

    - I'm just here because I don't have a blog! -

    Congratulations

    ;')

    --

    > Okay,
    >
    > I have 2 points of cooking-ness now, and I even have a friend!
    >
    > I haven't died in a fire recently and I hope to avoid that fate again
    > altogether...
    >
    > -John Effty

    > - I'm just here because I don't have a blog! -

    C&C Enterprises used to have a stove that didn't let fires get started and a
    cooktop. I used them often, heh. http://www.c-and-c-enterprises.com/

    "John Effty" <filthytroll@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a bachelor that keeps dying in kitchen fires, or even
    > grill-related fires. I've shifted everything about, and gotten fire
    > alarms and such... Is my Sim just a bad cook?
    >
    > How do I make him more fire conscious?
    >
    > -John Effty

    > - I'm just here because I don't have a blog! -

Sims Games Video Games