Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HDMI Problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 13, 2009 6:53:33 AM

Hi guys

Ok I have had a myriad of problems with my computer. Dell, running Vista 32-bit. Here's the specs if they're needed:

Intel Cire 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
32-Bit
Service Pack 1

Running an ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series with a 24" DELL S2309 Monitor
Highest res is 1920 x 1080

So it started off with Vista crashing. Nothing new, and eventually support got it fixed for me. Then I realized Catalyst Control Center was gone, among other various important things. So I try to reinstall CCC. It took me AGES to finally find out how to do it, because the CCC wouldn't create it's own folder to install in or something like that. Anyway, this out of the way, I finally was hoping to achieve my goal of running a HDMI cable through my computer to my TV. It's a Panasonic Viera HD and it's about a 40" I'm not exactly sure. Anyway, I've hit another wall. CCC shows no sign of any HDMI control, and there is no subsection for a TV connection. I've clicked every button on it and there's nothing there. I'll include a screenshot of it below.

Can anyone help me out? I've tried heaps of things, just throw ideas my way and I'll let you know if i have tried them and if i haven't will try them.

Thanks, any help would be much appreciated!

Dahnza

More about : hdmi problems

June 13, 2009 6:58:12 AM

June 14, 2009 4:39:18 AM

No one can help? =(
Related resources
June 14, 2009 4:02:55 PM

Dahnza said:
No one can help? =(

You have DVI controls. DVI is the video component used in HDMI.
June 16, 2009 7:32:26 AM

Crashman said:
You have DVI controls. DVI is the video component used in HDMI.

Ok, i see that, but I don't know how to get multiple displays. When I try and enable it, or 'detect displays' it does nothing.

Sorry if i sound like a noob but this is the place for help, right?
June 16, 2009 7:42:48 AM

Dahnza said:
Sorry if i sound like a noob but this is the place for help, right?

You are right everyone in this forum is ULTRA NOOBS!!! :bounce: 
June 17, 2009 5:57:46 AM

Can anyone explain what Crashman wrote please?
June 19, 2009 9:08:34 AM

Big help this place turned out to be
June 19, 2009 12:22:53 PM

successful_troll said:
Don't "bump" :fou: 

Would you prefer me to start a new thread then? How about you just be quiet unless you have any useful information that might be able to help me, since that is what this forum is for, right?
Anonymous
January 17, 2010 8:27:50 PM

Dear Dahnza,
I have exactly the same problem with Full HD Panasonic VIERA TV connected with HDMI cable with ATI HD 3450 (AGP version). I have installed Catalyst 9.12 (I had to use the AGP HOTFIX version) and no sign of "DTV (HDMI)" whatsoever. I desperately need it to disable overscan/underscan - the black border I currently have around the desktop. Have you eventually solved your issue? Thx, Ales :hello: 
January 19, 2010 10:02:26 PM

Ales,
Embarrassingly enough it turned out my computer had 2 HDMI ports. One was the obviously located but unobviously disconnected port at the top of the computer, and the other was located discretely next to my DVI input. Looking at it from above, there was no possible way to see it, so that's why I didn't. Be sure to inspect the back of your computer and confirm that you are connecting it to the right HDMI port. If not the only thing I can suggest is to ring customer support.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help to you :sweat: 

Good luck!
July 24, 2012 1:22:29 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!