Fran C

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Hi!

I have recently installed a 1 TR WD caviar black as a slave storage drive and I had it partitioned into 2 volumes.

I have formatted the disk and changed the file system to NTFS. After data storage, my computer (win XP) system has stopped recognizing this partitioned volume giving me error (F:\ is not accessible. Error performing inpage operation.) despite showing that the volume is "Healthy (Active)" in computer management. The file system of this volume changed from NTFS to (blank) and Free Space showed the full initial capacity, which is not true.

What can I do to make my data readable again? Strangely enough, my other partitioned volume was not in any way affected. I have not done any back up for the problematic volume yet.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
FC

Fran C

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Thanks! I have recovered my data using Easy Recovery Professional. Now, what's left is the repair portion. This is a new hard disk drive and could it be possible that this hard disk drive is dying out?

If it is, then there's no point than to repair it and having the data loss and repeating the whole cycle again. I'll need to know if I should be buying a new one soon? Any indication?