  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 2, 2005 11:48:16 PM

Is this supposed to happen? I mean, my students are invisible in the dorm
building but show up when they go into their rooms - or rather, when they go
into Apollyon Jones' room.

I know that boy oozes charisma but this is ridiculous. I have about six
students in his room, either reading, milling about or just gawping into
space.

Young Mr Jones has the rest of the building to himself. 8(

Granny.

More about : st2 uni invisible students

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 11:48:17 PM

Granny Grumpling wrote:
> Is this supposed to happen? I mean, my students are invisible in the
> dorm building but show up when they go into their rooms - or rather,
> when they go into Apollyon Jones' room.
>
> I know that boy oozes charisma but this is ridiculous.

Line of the week!

lol

---
Michelle
(SeaShel)

free the fish to reply
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 12:10:25 AM

Oh you,

Do you mean they are invisible when they go into their own rooms? It's
normal for the NPC sims (the ones you aren't playing) to disappear when
they're in their own rooms. Go into Build or Buy mode and they magically
reappear lurking behind their doors.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is this supposed to happen? I mean, my students are invisible in the dorm
> building but show up when they go into their rooms - or rather, when they
go
> into Apollyon Jones' room.
>
> I know that boy oozes charisma but this is ridiculous. I have about six
> students in his room, either reading, milling about or just gawping into
> space.
>
> Young Mr Jones has the rest of the building to himself. 8(
>
> Granny.

May 3, 2005 12:29:17 AM

> Oh you,
>
> Do you mean they are invisible when they go into their own rooms?

No-no. It's the other way round. 8(

My Sim is visible everywhere.
The other Sims walk up the road, enter the dorm and disappear. Then they
show up in Apollyons room!

Otherwise I just see little bubbles appear in mid air. It's rather good.
8)))
Sort of daylight haunting?

Granny.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 12:33:40 AM

"SeaShel" <seashel@boxofwsfish.com> wrote in message
> Granny Grumpling wrote:
>> Is this supposed to happen? I mean, my students are invisible in the
>> dorm building but show up when they go into their rooms - or rather,
>> when they go into Apollyon Jones' room.
>>
>> I know that boy oozes charisma but this is ridiculous.
>
> Line of the week!

Grrrr! I must take a photo. I deleted without saving because I was also
afflicted with students walking like Neanderthals.

This is the first time I have played the actual university part... No it
isn;t. I sent the elder Grunt boy off ages ago, and he disappeared. Ran
away, and I don;t blame him. Since then I have ignored the EP.

And my posts aren;t showing up in my browser. Not my day.

Granny.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 1:13:15 AM

> Oh you,

Wot?

Second post. I can't see my reply.
Whatever it was it appears to have reset back to normal. Students now
showing up in the building and disappearing in their rooms as they should.

I think I know why they mobbed Apollyon. I bought to boy a bookcase and the
lazy bums couldn;t be bothered to walk down the hall to the main lounge.
I got rid of the bookcase and nobody is visiting him any more.

So THAT is the secret of how to lure females to their doom? Fancy.

You know the: boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false ?

Is that correct? is there some reason why it doesn;t work in the user
startup cheats? I have to re-enter it once I am on campus. I am sure I had
it working when the Grunt boy went wombling off into the great unknown.

Now to test the deportment hack. Sigh...

Granny.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:24:11 AM

Maxon wrote:

> Do you mean they are invisible when they go into their own
> rooms?
> It's normal for the NPC sims (the ones you aren't playing) to
> disappear when they're in their own rooms. Go into Build or
> Buy mode
> and they magically reappear lurking behind their doors.

THEN you can sell all their stuff :-)

T.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 3:47:32 AM

Lock his door.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is this supposed to happen? I mean, my students are invisible in the dorm
> building but show up when they go into their rooms - or rather, when they
go
> into Apollyon Jones' room.
>
> I know that boy oozes charisma but this is ridiculous. I have about six
> students in his room, either reading, milling about or just gawping into
> space.
>
> Young Mr Jones has the rest of the building to himself. 8(
>
> Granny.

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 3:52:21 AM

Ooh, weird! I heard of this before. Where? Hmmmm. Here probably. What was
said?

My brain hurts.

I think that the solution was to go into buy mode and move them into their
own bedrooms. When they come out again they should be visible - something
about a transition occurring as they go through their doors that has become
unsync'd in the game.

Back on the subject of them milling in Mr Jones's room I meant what I said.
Lock the door. That will keep them out.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> > Oh you,
> >
> > Do you mean they are invisible when they go into their own rooms?
>
> No-no. It's the other way round. 8(
>
> My Sim is visible everywhere.
> The other Sims walk up the road, enter the dorm and disappear. Then they
> show up in Apollyons room!
>
> Otherwise I just see little bubbles appear in mid air. It's rather good.
> 8)))
> Sort of daylight haunting?
>
> Granny.

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 6:25:47 AM

Granny Grumpling wrote:

>>Oh you,
>>

> Wot?
>
> Second post. I can't see my reply.
> Whatever it was it appears to have reset back to normal. Students now
> showing up in the building and disappearing in their rooms as they should.
>
> I think I know why they mobbed Apollyon. I bought to boy a bookcase and the
> lazy bums couldn;t be bothered to walk down the hall to the main lounge.
> I got rid of the bookcase and nobody is visiting him any more.
>
> So THAT is the secret of how to lure females to their doom? Fancy.
>
> You know the: boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false ?
>
> Is that correct? is there some reason why it doesn;t work in the user
> startup cheats? I have to re-enter it once I am on campus. I am sure I had
> it working when the Grunt boy went wombling off into the great unknown.
>
> Now to test the deportment hack. Sigh...
>
> Granny.

Granny

Try it as "dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" I believe it to be case
sensitive.

Spandau
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 12:33:23 AM

"Spandau" <fechterin@neo.rr.com> wrote in message

>> You know the: boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false ?
>>
>> Is that correct? is there some reason why it doesn;t work in the user
>> startup cheats? I have to re-enter it once I am on campus. I am sure I
>> had it working when the Grunt boy went wombling off into the great
>> unknown.

> Try it as "dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" I believe it to be case
> sensitive.

Nope, still doesn;t work. 8((
Peculiar, this. 8)
Recheck my spelling.