Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need Case Modding Ideas!

Last response: in Components
August 27, 2009 8:24:23 PM

Hello all :) 

Ok, I have a computer class in school and the current assignment is to come up with an idea for a case mod, and we are actually going to make it in class.

So I need your help in coming up with either a unique or cool looking, yet relatively easy-to-build idea, and DEFINATELY not very expensive idea for either making a case from scratch, or an object (ex. trash can) that I can turn into a computer case. Something like $50 or less (hopefully).

Thanks in advance!

More about : case modding ideas

a c 248 ) Power supply
August 27, 2009 11:41:44 PM

+1 ^5 what Shadow703793 said.

MonsterMawd at mnpctech.com has some really great video clips over at youtube.com. I looked at bunch of them the other day. Also try searching Google for case mods. I found some really great stuff, including the Victorian keyboard and monitor seen on "Warehouse 13" on the SyFy Channel (new name for Sci-Fi).
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 28, 2009 11:26:42 AM

What about an amazing side window mod?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-251562_10_0.ht...

That's one of the very best I've ever seen ^^^.
Either custom paint the inside.. or cut out and make a window.. of it it's already got a window then I'd do something like the above link shows.
m
l
August 28, 2009 10:57:40 PM

Ok, thx all, keep the ideas coming! :D 
m
l
August 31, 2009 11:13:20 AM

Ok, I am thinking I might go with a hard sided suitcase, or maybe a see-through computer case..... but still looking at all suggestions :) 
m
l
August 31, 2009 12:33:15 PM

What happened to actually doing the work your self?

Man I'm getting old, lol
m
l
August 31, 2009 12:44:06 PM

Go to sites like BT, TBCS, and OCN, and look at the worklogs.
m
l
September 1, 2009 11:07:29 AM

sportsfanboy said:
What happened to actually doing the work your self?

Man I'm getting old, lol

Ha, yea, I have been thinking and have come up with a couple ideas, but just wanted to hear somebody else's ideas, seeing as how there are a bunch of case mod pros on here ;) 

ShtBrix said:
Go to sites like BT, TBCS, and OCN, and look at the worklogs.

Going to check them out right now! :) 
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
September 1, 2009 3:03:49 PM

Recycling of old/outdated appliances should still be a good mod. Looking around my place an old window mounted air conditioner, old file cabinet or old toolbox. Maybe a mobile idea like a wheeled carry on type luggage bag, a wheeled pressure washer or wheeled tool cart. You might make a stop at your local dump or a thrift type store and see what's a usable size and shape and cheap$$.
!