Need Case Modding Ideas!

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Hello all :)

Ok, I have a computer class in school and the current assignment is to come up with an idea for a case mod, and we are actually going to make it in class.

So I need your help in coming up with either a unique or cool looking, yet relatively easy-to-build idea, and DEFINATELY not very expensive idea for either making a case from scratch, or an object (ex. trash can) that I can turn into a computer case. Something like $50 or less (hopefully).

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Recycling of old/outdated appliances should still be a good mod. Looking around my place an old window mounted air conditioner, old file cabinet or old toolbox. Maybe a mobile idea like a wheeled carry on type luggage bag, a wheeled pressure washer or wheeled tool cart. You might make a stop at your local dump or a thrift type store and see what's a usable size and shape and cheap$$.
+1 ^5 what Shadow703793 said.

MonsterMawd at mnpctech.com has some really great video clips over at youtube.com. I looked at bunch of them the other day. Also try searching Google for case mods. I found some really great stuff, including the Victorian keyboard and monitor seen on "Warehouse 13" on the SyFy Channel (new name for Sci-Fi).

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009

Ha, yea, I have been thinking and have come up with a couple ideas, but just wanted to hear somebody else's ideas, seeing as how there are a bunch of case mod pros on here ;)

Going to check them out right now! :)

Recycling of old/outdated appliances should still be a good mod. Looking around my place an old window mounted air conditioner, old file cabinet or old toolbox. Maybe a mobile idea like a wheeled carry on type luggage bag, a wheeled pressure washer or wheeled tool cart. You might make a stop at your local dump or a thrift type store and see what's a usable size and shape and cheap$$.

Solution