Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Building system for over 3000$, i7 2600k and gtx 590, need a liquid.

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
April 3, 2011 9:59:48 PM

hello guys,
time to upgrade my machine from the start. mine was since (and still) from 2007 without any change.
anyway

i am building a system for over 3000+ future proof system. this time, i will back to the liquid cooling.

my target is :

evga motherboard last model 300$
intel core i7 2600k 2nd generation. 340$ ( thinkin of i7 extreme but i saw benchmarks for not its not for gaming)
12gb ram corsain dominator 1600mhz ddr3
hdd 120gb sdd ocz or samsung
2 sli gtx 590 hyper copper
2tb + 2tb wd 7200rpm
PSU 1300watts thermaltake

i need the best kit or if can someone help be with collecting cause i am little nooby in liquid things, used to have thermaltake 745li which was v.good for my old system.

i found switech h20-20 xt kit for 339$ but i am HOPING FOR A BETTER ONE.

thanks
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 3, 2011 10:28:55 PM

Sorry, Thermaltake makes poor quality watercooling kits. The Swiftech kit you have listed seems rather expensive...what country are you from? It might be due to currency exchange...

I have a new watercooling sticky listed above; I suggest spending some time reading through this. For the amount of money you are going to have invested in your case, you might want to get an understanding of what you are going to need.

SLI 590's will require a 2x120 radiator each, and your 2600k will need at least a 2x120 itself...if you are going to overclock it, you'll want a 3x120.

You could likely get by on a pair of XSPC RX360 radiators with push/pull fans on each, a good pump and CPU block. Looks like you are going with the Hydro-Copper edition cards, so they have the waterblocks on them already.

Skip NB/SB/RAM/Mosfet cooling; good case airflow will be good enough.

What case are you putting this all in? You're going to need a lot of room for radiators... Again, please read my stickies below or the sticky at the top of the forum. Good luck.
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 4, 2011 12:11:32 AM

@OP-

Regardless of your CPU/GPU setup, I'd suggest giving yourself about a 2x120mm radiator worth of space for each; maybe consider more if you are going to OC. The 2500k i5's and i7's kick out a lot of heat once you start cranking up the clocks and voltages...expect mid-60's to 70C+ when you get close to 5.0ghz.

nVidia 5xx series and AMD 69xx series are already known to be real space heaters as well. Plan accordingly. Once you finalize your hardware build, let's discuss your cooling budget, case and then look at your watercooling options, loop design and setup.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
April 4, 2011 12:37:36 AM

@kingzeze84..looks like you are going all out buddy..you looking at about 1000W (heat dissipation) give it or take ,that's 3x triple RAD's for ~ 10┬║Delta,here are the most common RAD's ,you can compare all the RAD/Fan RPM
http://skinneelabs.com/triple-radiator-comparison-v2/4/
if you want all internal build look in to Ascension case
http://www.mountainmods.com/computer-cases-ascension-cy...
here is EK 590 GTX block
http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/uploads...unted-1200.jpg
http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/index.p...t01returnid=17
Forget about LC kits !!
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 4, 2011 2:02:25 AM

^ I think this goes without saying...
April 4, 2011 1:31:29 PM

thank you all for your replay. i really appreciate it. you have giving me a real value information.

ok, i will clear some points again. i need something for monster gaming + daily use. i don't want to hit the highest score for over cloocking. my target is about 4.0 - 4.3ghz for the processor.

maybe there is an airflow for that but i really like the liquid cooling for their incredible performance even without over clocking ( self experience ). i need something for ultra setting on games ( crysis series, bf series and 3 that coming out) and many other games.

i need something for future proof and i am ready to spend 5000$. after searching for hardware and benchmarking, i think i will go for these gears.i will repeat the main parts and the rest shouldn't be a problem

intel 2600k i7 ( i may consider the extreme edition x990 i7 but for the moment lets keep the 2600k version)

2x evga 590 SLI ( some are saying that 3x 580 is better if some can lead me why)

i am little nooby for searching liquid cooling parts. i know i should get a giant case if i want all parts internally. i would really appreciate if you lead me to the best case and liquid parts.

i think i went too far from the main subject which is i want to know best liquid cooling for gpu + cpu that would suite my gears.

thanks again and i will post my exact future rigs near after some research.

April 4, 2011 1:40:56 PM

ortoklaz said:
@kingzeze84..looks like you are going all out buddy..you looking at about 1000W (heat dissipation) give it or take ,that's 3x triple RAD's for ~ 10┬║Delta,here are the most common RAD's ,you can compare all the RAD/Fan RPM
http://skinneelabs.com/triple-radiator-comparison-v2/4/
if you want all internal build look in to Ascension case
http://www.mountainmods.com/computer-cases-ascension-cy...
here is EK 590 GTX block
http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/uploads...unted-1200.jpg
http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/index.p...t01returnid=17
Forget about LC kits !!



thats a real nice case but good god its huge. 590 blocks are no need since i will go for the hydro copper version.
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 4, 2011 1:41:52 PM

With a budget like that, you might consider looking into MountainMods cases They are designed specifically for large watercooling projects with room for 2 or 3 internal triple radiators, places to mount pumps and room for reservoirs.

CPU blocks - your choice. Review the sticky and/or Skinnee's CPU block comparison.

GPU blocks - your choice, again. Most full cover blocks are fairly unrestrictive.

2x SLI 590s vs. 3x SLI 580s? Again, preference. Depends on what monitor(s) you are running and at what resolution. For most people, 2x SLI 590s would be more than enough. If you are running multiple displays or the nVidia surround (can't think of the term) you might consider triple...but again...monitors and resolutions?

If you are running a 3x SLI loop, CPU block and 2-3 radiators (depending on GPU choices) you should also consider serial pumps in your loop, or a dual loop configuration. You could run a single CPU loop to a 3x120 radiator and then keep your GPUs on their own loop. However, there is more evidence to support a single, serial loop for all is better for temps...you get to use all the radiators to cool all components. Again, consider a 2-pump setup if you are going to be pushing this much stuff in a single loop. There are pump tops that allow you to mount 2-3 pumps together in this manner, if you wish.

This could turn out to be a very epic watercooling loop build...so depending on which route you are going to go, you have some options.

Edit: @kingzeze84- ortoklaz is on the right track with MM cases; this is exactly the route he should go if he has this kind of cash to spend on this large of a water loop. Considering the amount of heat watts he will be generating and need to disperse, he will need the rad space.
April 4, 2011 2:07:40 PM

you are right. i guess i will go for 2 separate loops. i totally forgot about mentioning the reso/ monitor. i own 24" samsung ( 1920 x 1080) 1080p monitor. i will get extra 2 monitor to have 3x monitor for eyefinity " thats the term". i am not going for 3d stuff for the moment, maybe later.
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 4, 2011 2:15:29 PM

It's up to you on the loops; it is very possible to run a single loop with everything...you might be better off temp-wise that way. Dual loops are OK, but you just have to manage double of everything.

Personally, if I was in the same position you are, I'd run a single, serial loop with dual MCP355 or MCP35x pumps.

Eyefinity...that's what I was looking for. Single monitor at that resolution? 2x SLI is fine. If you are going to run more, 3x might work better...if you have the cash to spend on it.
a b K Overclocking
April 4, 2011 4:27:28 PM

kingzeze84 said:
thank you all for your replay. i really appreciate it. you have giving me a real value information.

ok, i will clear some points again. i need something for monster gaming + daily use. i don't want to hit the highest score for over cloocking. my target is about 4.0 - 4.3ghz for the processor.

maybe there is an airflow for that but i really like the liquid cooling for their incredible performance even without over clocking ( self experience ). i need something for ultra setting on games ( crysis series, bf series and 3 that coming out) and many other games.

i need something for future proof and i am ready to spend 5000$. after searching for hardware and benchmarking, i think i will go for these gears.i will repeat the main parts and the rest shouldn't be a problem

intel 2600k i7 ( i may consider the extreme edition x990 i7 but for the moment lets keep the 2600k version)

2x evga 590 SLI ( some are saying that 3x 580 is better if some can lead me why)

i am little nooby for searching liquid cooling parts. i know i should get a giant case if i want all parts internally. i would really appreciate if you lead me to the best case and liquid parts.

i think i went too far from the main subject which is i want to know best liquid cooling for gpu + cpu that would suite my gears.

thanks again and i will post my exact future rigs near after some research.


Ok..if you want the ultimate in new gear compared to not so new but still probably the best option for gaming you have two options ;
1. go with x990 i7 and X58 platform (Gigabyte UD9 or G1 platform if you like EVGA MB's go with it)
http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboards/952542-g1-a...
X58 will give you plenty of X16 PCIe slots
2.here is cheaper alternative that will still blow you away, 4.8~5.1 is easy obtainable on this CPU's
http://www.overclock.net/intel-general/910467-ultimate-...
http://www.techreaction.net/2011/01/14/review-asus-maxi...
2600k i7 or 2500K(for gaming 25K is all you need) and as for P67 platform (Gigabyte UD7 will give you two sluts @x16/x16 via NF200 cheap or Asus Maximus IV note; you only get two sluts @x16 in triple conf. x8/x16/x16)
all this bandwidth is only important for higher resolution/multiple monitor set ups,same goes to mem available on VGA
http://www.overclock.net/graphics-cards-general/903852-...

Now as for LC ..you have to decide if you want the system to be quite or you don't mind the noise,this will make easier
for us to help you and yes Acsention is not a small case but this is the best option if you want all internal set up or you can go free stand
http://www.mountainmods.com/tower-pedestal-24-pi-566.ht...
I would advise you to start with the case and will go from there
P.S. if i was going for future proof build ..i would wait for new 2011 socket
a b K Overclocking
April 4, 2011 4:32:51 PM

rubix_1011 said:
It's up to you on the loops; it is very possible to run a single loop with everything...you might be better off temp-wise that way. Dual loops are OK, but you just have to manage double of everything.

Personally, if I was in the same position you are, I'd run a single, serial loop with dual MCP355 or MCP35x pumps.

Eyefinity...that's what I was looking for. Single monitor at that resolution? 2x SLI is fine. If you are going to run more, 3x might work better...if you have the cash to spend on it.


single MCP35x pump is more than enough for this set up
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 4, 2011 4:34:56 PM

I agree, but I'd run dual 355's if I went that route.

A single 35x or 655 would probably also be fine. We still aren't looking at a tremendous amount of restriction; CPU block likely the biggest restriction in the loop.
April 6, 2011 1:49:51 AM

just ordered my new rig. i7 extreme and gtx 590 sli. should i go with liquid cooling? 14 mins. ago (permalink)
i have ordered my new system parts. it's as the following:
intel i7 x990 extreme.
12gb 2000mhz corsair gt dominator.
2x gtx 590 for sli.
ocz ventryx 2 120gb SSD.
corsair H70 cooling cpu.

i will get x58 classified or 4-way x58 classified local since i didn't find them. now the question is what is the benifit of moving to GPU liquid cooling. how much difference would it make. i am not looking for benchmarking. i use my pc for hard gaming and multi monitor 3 x 24" 2d stereotypic. i know i will reach some score in 3d mark11 but thats not my target.

i didn't decide yet since i didn't pick up a case yet also. i may get a dangerden mooded case from friend ( buying it) or i may look around for cooler master haf X.

i will definitely over clock a bit my CPU but not really high for future long live.
i would appreciate anybody with a very good experiment to explain in a bit of details with links. i looked around on some famous website and youtube rigs. but i still don't get it.

i really still thinkin about it

thanks
April 6, 2011 2:30:57 AM

yeah sorry for that, i post it again my mistake. i though it will lost the point since i add many question . problem is i didn't specify what i want.
anyway i ordered the corsair h70 for the moment. i will go for LC if i really c the point.
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 2:33:05 AM

good luck with your build
April 6, 2011 3:21:23 AM

now that i have ordered i7 990x extreme and sli 590. ek got the water block for these parts. i think i mention before i have used a kit which was good. now i think i will collect it my self. so before i decide which case i will take, i want to know how many fan/ radiator will suite me. if u says 3 x each part. that mean 9 total,3 for i7, 3 for the first gpu and another 3 for the second gpu? what good looking case can hold that?
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 1:35:30 PM

MountainMods cases top my list. XSPC also has a line of cases out that is similar, but not sure where you can get them yet.

You'd likely only need a 3x120 for the CPU and go with a 2x120 for each GPU. That can also mean a 3x120 and a 4x120 or even a couple of 3x140s would work excellent. You could also get by on 3x120's with some good fans...depending on the rads being used.
April 6, 2011 1:49:23 PM

my friend will sell this for me. he doesn't want to use liquid cooling. the case is DD Double Wide Tower.

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />



so i should get
- 2 x EK gtx 590 water block.
-ek or swiftech water block for cpu.

can someone lead me for GPU radiators to mount it in this case, what is the best pump out there for a single loop.





a c 324 K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 2:12:06 PM

Yeah, that case would give you some room.

Radiators are radiators...they all are the same.

For CPU blocks, you might consider looking at Skinnee's CPU block roundup.

a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 4:31:25 PM

I think you are from Europe so i'm going to use Aquatuning just to give you idea ,i would start with Quad Rad and triple to keep things simple for you,if this won't be enough you can add one more triple later
http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p9271_G-...
http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p8180_G-...
http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p9322_La...
http://www.aquatuning.us/index.php/cat/c886_LUND.html
this won't happen over night ,get the case+RAD's install them ,this way you know better how you going to route the tubing ,how many and what kind of fittings you will need and where the res/pump will go
where are you getting all the parts from??


April 6, 2011 9:59:57 PM

all from the net. i ordered most parts from amazon and tiger direct. i live in kuwait and i will get my parts around 2 weeks ahead. i still got time for planning the liquid system. the case i will get from my friend. the liquid system you gave the likns ( really appreciate it) and the rest i will look around. problem is the case got only 2 front bay which is not enough for me. i will think of something later
April 6, 2011 10:07:41 PM

can i put these radiator in the case's DD whole ?
April 7, 2011 12:23:40 AM

ortoklaz said:
Ok..if you want the ultimate in new gear compared to not so new but still probably the best option for gaming you have two options ;
1. go with x990 i7 and X58 platform (Gigabyte UD9 or G1 platform if you like EVGA MB's go with it)
http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboards/952542-g1-a...
X58 will give you plenty of X16 PCIe slots
2.here is cheaper alternative that will still blow you away, 4.8~5.1 is easy obtainable on this CPU's
http://www.overclock.net/intel-general/910467-ultimate-...
http://www.techreaction.net/2011/01/14/review-asus-maxi...
2600k i7 or 2500K(for gaming 25K is all you need) and as for P67 platform (Gigabyte UD7 will give you two sluts @x16/x16 via NF200 cheap or Asus Maximus IV note; you only get two sluts @x16 in triple conf. x8/x16/x16)
all this bandwidth is only important for higher resolution/multiple monitor set ups,same goes to mem available on VGA
http://www.overclock.net/graphics-cards-general/903852-...

Now as for LC ..you have to decide if you want the system to be quite or you don't mind the noise,this will make easier
for us to help you and yes Acsention is not a small case but this is the best option if you want all internal set up or you can go free stand
http://www.mountainmods.com/tower-pedestal-24-pi-566.ht...
I would advise you to start with the case and will go from there
P.S. if i was going for future proof build ..i would wait for new 2011 socket


thank you for the guide. now i have ordered all the pc parts except the cooling and case. the case is going to be really expensive to be delivered to my country. i will pay about 400$ only for delivery using aramex. i live in kuwait and my best option is either my friend's case danger den ( shown above) but it lacks front panels ( only 2 and i need about 5 for burnings dvd, media card and lcd sensor temp and voltage).

the option locally are :
thermal take element v, thermaltake bmw lvl 10( iknow it won't fit), thermaltake aromor and some other thermaltake.

here's my full system:
evga x58 4-way sli classified ( same price as calssified 3 so i took it with 10$ higher)
intel i7 extreme 990x
12gb corsair dominator gt 2000mhz 3x 4gb
ocz 120gb ssd ventrex forgot the name
creative x-fi fatality pro championchip
thermaltake 1500 watt toughtpower
pioneer blu-ray 12x
media card 51 in 1 front internal
nzxt lcd touch pro temp, voltage sensor
later i will get the accessories lie 2x 2TB and 1 dvd burner.

any normal full tower will fit my need?
i ordered the corsair h70 for the moment.








a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2011 1:33:40 AM

your buddy case will do just fine ..this is what i would get for this case ..you don't have to buy this it's just sample of what i would get
http://www.frozencpu.com


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
the best fans are out of stock but here they are;
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/yalo12d1cafa1.html
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/scge120mmsic2.html
there are some barbs (1/2 ID) included for RAD's in that order so all you need is pic up the rest of the barb/compression fittings or elbows (if you choose to go for barbs get about 10~12'' of 7/16 tubing
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c99/s809/list/p1/Li...
you can buy distiled water in your local store and drop killcoil to your res.;
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2633/ffi-15/ModRight_...
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11441/ex-tub-705/Iand...

enjoy your new hobby

EDIT; use front bays for 1 optical and fan controller ,HDD cage mount inside the case, return that H70 or sell it
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25...
April 7, 2011 3:00:01 PM

ohhhh mate thank you so much for this extreme guide. i think i need to invest more on liquid cooling. my budget was 700$ but i think that i need to save more. i think i will do a liquid cool for my cpu for now since i really do think its the most important part. i really appreciate your hard work and i will post my final project soon. i hope this monster machine won't let me down.
thanks again.
a c 324 K Overclocking
April 7, 2011 3:02:26 PM

Yes, watercooling can and does get expensive. You can start off with a CPU loop with a good pump and easily add to it as you save more.
!