blackhawk1928

Distinguished
What do mean better...which one is more powerful? which is one is better for the price?
-Maybe if you go on www.google.com and type in "GTX280 specs and then type GTX275 specs" you can within 2minutes find there specs, price, ranking on the power system, benchmarks and all of that. Much easier then going on a forum and waiting ours for someone to respond and you wont even know if the information is accurate...
-And I wont even answer that question becuase you can find it really easily on www.google.com

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
yeah well at least you admitted and said your sorry, unlike other people who start arguing about how they are right in that case, the GTX280 does have a little of an edge over a GTX275 but not huge they are very similar except the GTX275 is a lot cheaper.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
GTX 275 runs cooler, needs less power, newer and was just released 2 months ago so it won't be discontinued for at least 4-6 months, which means that it will be better if you are thinking about going SLI down the road.

GTX 280 was released 12 months ago and is being phased out in most etailers meaning it will be even harder to find later if you want to SLI.

Overall GTX 275 is a way better choice than the 280 and performs roughly the same.

GTX 275 produces less heat than the 280 therefore allows for higher overclocks but has a 448-bit wide memory bus vs. the 280's 512-bit wide bus which means less memory bandwidth (plus the obvious 896mb vs. 1GB of Vram difference)

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

I am pretty sure there is a 2Gb version of the GTX275 also

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

I am pretty sure there is a 2Gb version of the GTX275 also

Hindesite

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
If you aren't dead-set on GeForce you could crossfire two Radeon HD 4770s (assuming your motherboard supports crossfire) and get more power for less money. :D