DUAL 4870 DarkKnight? advice needed!!

SeanC

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I currently am running one dark knight 4870 and i love it, how ever i would like to also run a tri monitor setup, and plus having 2 of these guys running in crossfire would be sweet

but my main concern is the heat that the bottom card would receive because of the way the fans are on these cards, anyone have any input on my issue at hand?

or would it be reasonable to "downgrade" the 2nd card to say the normal 4870?, i dont do much gaming aside from Call of duty 4, FSX and i will be doing starcraft 2 once that comes out

btw my case is the Antec 1200 and i usually have all fans on high except for the 200mm one on top thats usually kept at low due to noise...

armi

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Can't you just buy more fans? Antec 1200 is a great case for putting fans into. Also consider switching into a new case.

armi

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Can't you just buy more fans? Antec 1200 is a great case for putting fans into. Also consider switching into a new case.

That case has near cyclonic airflow, unless the card is very close to the PSU you should be fine but if you are unsure, then get a card with the IceQ or reference cooler, both reject their heat out of the case and are fairly overclock freindly.