Asus VH-222H: No DVI Signal

ckaz

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I am building my system from scratch. Right now, I am at the point where all of my internal components are setup, and I'm wanting to get to my bios, instal my software etc. I connected my DVI cable from my monitor to my Sapphire HD 4870 1GB DVI connector, but when I turn on the monitor, it tells me there is no DVI Signal. And yes, the computer is on. Every time I press the button that changes the inputs (lets say to VGA, or HDMI) it gives me the same message, even though I have tried with a vga connection also. What do I do about this issue?!

esmo

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009

Do you have the the power connection made to your video card? I assume it's a 6pin connection? Your PSU will need to have one of those or perhaps there's an adapter that can be used (I'll leave that to the more knowledgeable posters).

If you have integrated video on your MB, you could try plugging your monitor into that instead.

Have you gotten into the bios at all yet? If no, then above is all I can suggest, if yes, you may need to clear the settings... seems usually now done by shorting a pair of pins on the MB designed to do this (via touching something metal between the pins or using a jumper... make sure to remove jumper or metal prior to reboot) or pulling the battery for 30secs or so.